DALLAS, July 13, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Securus Technologies, a leading provider of civil and criminal justice technology solutions for public safety, investigations, corrections and monitoring, announced today that it has done an in-depth analysis of corrections related RFPs and has found that prisons and jails are issuing more complex/sophisticated requests for proposals that require a broader product set, better economics for inmates/friends, family members, and facilities, expanded safety and security features, and products that all facilities use to operate more efficiently.
"The prison and jail officers and administrators that we serve operate like very smart business executives – they care deeply about successfully accomplishing their mission, which includes running an efficient facility, keeping rates for communications from inmates to friends/family members as low as possible, reducing recidivism, and keeping society safe," said Richard A. ("Rick") Smith, Chief Executive Officer of Securus Technologies.
"Correctional facilities are much more sophisticated and demanding in the RFPs that they issue, and we have responded accordingly over the last three (3) years by building more state of the art products and technologies, investing materially in our business, making strategic acquisitions, expanding our patent portfolio, and fine tuning our US based customer service center, Securus has spent approximately $670 million1 to accomplish these objectives – much more than anyone else in our industry."
Implicitly and explicitly our facility customers want:
- A sophisticated/high-tech single calling platform that can be customized for their needs;
- Quarterly software upgrades for free;
- A domestic call center with email and real-time texting services for fast response times;
- Low cost infrastructure so rates can be minimized;
- Low and easily understandable fees and taxes;
- Redundant Data Centers;
- A broad product set;
- Video Visitation Products and Services;
- Data Analytics;
- Jail Management Systems (JMS);
- Inmate Tracking Devices – GPS Monitoring of Parolees;
- Full Service Applications for Inmate Tracking;
- Interactive Voice Response Systems;
- Managed Access Services (MAS);
- Continuous Voice Biometrics (CVV);
- Text to Connect Funding Options;
- Real-Time Wireless Tracking (Location Based Services, LBS);
- Convenient and Instant Family/Friend Account Funding;
- Inmate Tablets with Multiple Applications;
- A high quality and high integrity management team that understands their issues, and is supportive of their objectives;
- A large information technology development team that can customize existing software for their needs;
- A technology center where corrections and law enforcement officers/officials can see and use the various technologies before they make their decision(s);
- A legal team that they can collaborate with – on Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rates and rate cap issues that understands prison and jail costs and objectives;
- Customer references from large and small accounts that show performance versus original facility customer expectations.
1Includes closing of JPay scheduled for Q3 2015.
"We count on our hard working associates, the systems we've created, the acquisitions we've completed, and our reinvestment policy to address all of the above requirements of our customers," said Smith. "I believe that we have the largest (owned) product set, use the best state-of-the-art technology, and meet or exceed the expectations of our corrections, law enforcement, inmate, and friends/family customers. We put $670 million to work in our business – much more than the entire industry combined, so we put our money where our mouth is for sure. Over the last three (3) years, we have won twice as much business as we have lost to all 58 of our competitors combined. That is a testament to the work that we do – and how we care for our business," said Smith.
ABOUT SECURUS TECHNOLOGIES
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, and serving more than 2,600 public safety, law enforcement and corrections agencies and over 1,000,000 inmates across North America, Securus Technologies is committed to serve and connect by providing emergency response, incident management, public information, investigation, biometric analysis, communication, information management, inmate self-service, and monitoring products and services in order to make our world a safer place to live. Securus Technologies focuses on connecting what matters®. To learn more about our full suite of civil and criminal justice technology solutions, please visit SecurusTechnologies.com.
SOURCE Securus Technologies, Inc.