BOSTON, May 4 /PRNewswire/ -- ServiceCEO (formerly known as Insight Direct), a leading provider of software that helps field service companies run their businesses better, today announced version 7.0 of ServiceCEO Office Edition, the all-in-one solution for efficiently managing every aspect of business operations. The upgraded software features more intuitive and enhanced controls for inventory planning and management helping HVAC/plumbing, pool and spa, electrical and other service businesses improve productivity, profitability and customer service by ensuring parts availability, maintaining optimal stock levels, and minimizing delays and shrinkage.
With ServiceCEO Office Edition 7.0, inventory management is now an integral part of the job management workflow. In addition to a new master inventory dashboard, users can now access and manage inventory from within job records and a dedicated purchase order section in customer record, helping them purchase, assign and track parts with more precision and efficiency.
"In the security systems integration business, we are constantly dealing with many variables: lots of expensive parts and lots of technicians servicing customers. Our chief challenges are to monitor the inventory availability and to track the equipment once it's installed. What's great about ServiceCEO version 7.0 is that I can immediately see when all parts are in stock so we can schedule the job even when it involves many parts. This helps us run our business more efficiently and productively, and keeps customers satisfied," said Jon Shelton, Systems Analyst at D/A Central, an intelligent security systems integrator.
New features in ServiceCEO Office Edition 7.0 include:
- A master dashboard providing an overview of all inventory - easily filterable by vendor, stock location, product, job, availability, and need and assignment - with the ability to make bulk orders and adjustments.
- A highly-customizable stock location function to more precisely log parts by sub- location within a stock location.
- A dedicated feature to facilitate and track the return of parts to a vendor, or even back to a stock location.
- Automated transfer tickets to more efficiently facilitate the movement of parts between different stock locations.
- The ability to create, view and amend purchase orders directly from within a job, making it quicker and easier to ensure the right parts are available when needed.
- Alerts to ensure follow-up on time-sensitive, inventory-related tasks such as transfer completions or sending purchase orders.
- Support for Windows 7 and Windows Vista 64-bit operating systems for easy installation and faster performance.
"Inventory tracking is critical to our business – to ensure the highest level of customer service as well as maintain profitability. ServiceCEO 7.0's new and improved inventory management features will allow us more control over inventory and help maximize performance in both areas," said Todd Maddison, CEO of TechExpert Express!, a TV, HD TV & home theater repair service company.
"Parts and materials management is a complex, error prone, and time-consuming challenge that directly impacts customer satisfaction, cash flow and the bottom line," said Christopher Chapman, Chief Operating Officer of ServiceCEO. "Until now, field service businesses have "made do" with inefficient paper-based purchase order systems or hard-to-use and expensive inventory management software. With ServiceCEO they now have an integrated and easy-to-use solution for integrated job and inventory management, helping to improve customer service and profitability."
ServiceCEO Office Edition 7.0 is available immediately worldwide with pricing starting at $2,895. Training videos can be viewed at http://www.youtube.com/user/TheServiceCEO. For more product information, please visit http://www.insightdirect.com/products-overview/
ServiceCEO (formerly known as Insight Direct) is the leading provider of software solutions that help small and mid-size (SMB) field service companies work more efficiently, sell more jobs, improve customer service and get paid faster. ServiceCEO Web Edition (formerly known as VaZing) is a low-investment, easy-to-use, web-based solution for scheduling, billing, estimating, and marketing. ServiceCEO Office Edition is a fully-featured solution for managing every aspect of businesses operations– including CRM, scheduling, dispatching, inventory management and accounting. Founded in 1997, ServiceCEO has over 6,000 customers in 28 countries. For more information, please visit www.serviceceo.com or www.vazing.com. Join us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn.