RONKONKOMA, N.Y., Feb. 8, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- February is all about the heart, and not just because of the Valentine's Day cards, chocolates and red roses. It's also American Heart Month, a time to raise awareness of how important it is to maintain heart health.* To help give your hardest working muscle the support it deserves, The Nature's Bounty Co., a global leader in health and wellness, has assembled the top five supplements you should be taking this February.*
1. Omega 3-6-9 Flax, Fish & Borage Oils They say good things come in threes, and that holds true for Omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids. Not only do these "good fats" contribute to heart health and circulation, but they also help balance those "bad fats" we may consume in our diets.* In fact, the FDA has recognized that supportive but not conclusive research shows that consumption of EPA and DHA Omega-3 fatty acids may reduce risk of Coronary Heart Disease.* Omega fatty acids play an important role in keeping the body healthy, and Sundown® Naturals Omega 3-6-9 Flax, Fish & Borage Oils offer a well-rounded source of those you need most.*
2. Garlic Garlic is what we call an "oldie but goodie." When not adding flavor to a dish or repelling vampires, garlic is traditionally used to support cardiovascular health by maintaining circulatory function.* As the #1 herbal brand‡, Nature's Bounty® Garlic softgels undergo a specialized cold processing method that preserves garlic's natural goodness while reducing the odor – which your Valentine will most likely be thankful for.
3. Fish Oil The American Heart Association recommends at least two servings of fish per week.1 Those who don't get enough in their diet alone, however, can supplement with Fish Oil. This supplement's widespread admiration is due in large part to its health benefits from the Omega-3's found in fish oils, specifically supporting and maintaining cardiovascular, cellular and metabolic health.* Ecologically sourced and purified to eliminate mercury, Nature's Bounty® Fish Oil is a trustworthy source of the sought-after supplement.
4. Co Q-10 The health benefits of Co Q-10 are simpler than its name may suggest. Co Q-10 supports heart health and energy production,* and while the human body produces it naturally, its levels may decrease with age. Try Nature's Bounty® Co Q-10heart-healthy softgels to support cardiovascular health and to help ensure your body gets the Co Q-10 it needs.*
5. L-Arginine L-Arginine is an amino acid that supports heart health by stimulating nitric oxide production, a compound involved in circulatory function.* Since nitric oxide rapidly degrades in the body after its formulation, supplements like Solgar L-Arginine act as a precursor for renewed production.*
The heart works 24 hours a day and over the average lifetime, beats about 2.5 billion times.2 It is one of the most vital organs in the body that works to keep us alive, so celebrate American Heart Month by giving it the support it deserves.
Looking to get your vitamin fix? Visit Puritan's Pride® for access to more than 1,200 products available at the click of a button. For more information about The Nature's Bounty Co., or our portfolio of brands and products, please visit www.TheNaturesBountyCo.com.
About The Nature's Bounty Co. The Nature's Bounty Co. is a privately held, global leader in health and wellness with more than 70 years of experience and success in the nutritional market. As a manufacturer, marketer and online seller of vitamins, dietary supplements, minerals, herbals, protein bars and powders, and ethical beauty products, we are committed to supporting consumers' wellness needs through high quality products backed by science. The brands of The Nature's Bounty Co. are some of the most trusted in the world including Nature's Bounty®, Pure Protein®, Solgar®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Organic Doctor®, Sundown®, Body Fortress®, MET-Rx® and Ester-C®. For more information, visit us at NaturesBountyCo.com or follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.