SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y., Sept. 27 /PRNewswire/ -- Celebrate the 75th anniversary of a historic Saratoga Springs hotel – The Gideon Putnam. Combining the breathtaking beauty of the Saratoga Spa State Park with retreat-like accommodations, this Saratoga Springs resort hotel offers guests a unique experience in the heart of Upstate New York.
If you're not already familiar with the delights of the Saratoga Spa State Park, The Gideon Putnam Resort is offering guests seven great reasons to visit throughout its 75th anniversary year. They include:
- Roosevelt Baths & Spa. Just steps from our Saratoga Springs resort hotel, this one-of-a-kind spa features effervescent mineral baths and luxurious therapies for men, women, and children ages 12 and older. "Taking the waters" has made Saratoga a destination for almost 200 years.
- Saratoga Performing Arts Center. Nestled inside Saratoga Spa State Park, this iconic performing arts center hosts performances by the New York City Ballet, The Philadelphia Orchestra and pop and rock performers.
- Sunday Brunch. Every Sunday from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., Executive Chef Brian Sterner offers indulgent culinary creations, including omelets, crepes, Belgian waffles, roasted meats, fresh seafood and more – a favorite among the locals.
- Saratoga Gaming and Raceway. Only minutes from our Saratoga Springs hotel, guests can enjoy world-class harness racing and gaming at one of the country's most beautiful raceways.
- Putnam's Restaurant and Bar. Micro-brews and perfectly prepared regional American cuisine offer a delicious way to end the day.
- Four-season Outdoor Activities. Tennis, jogging, hiking, cross-country skiing, ice skating and snowshoeing are just a few of the activities available at our year-round Saratoga Springs hotel.
- Great Vacation Packages. From Roosevelt Baths & Spa packages for two to family vacations and romantic getaways, we're offering a wide range of packages – and historic prices – to celebrate our 75th anniversary.
For more information about the Gideon Putnam 75th anniversary celebration or to plan a Saratoga Springs resort hotel getaway, please visit http://www.gideonputnam.com/default.aspx.
About Gideon Putnam Resort
Our Saratoga Springs hotel bears the name of the founder of the city — Gideon Putnam. A visionary who settled near High Rock Spring in 1795, he saw the area's potential and purchased land near Congress Spring to build Putnam's Tavern and Boarding House.
In tribute to the profound and lasting effect of his early efforts, the state funded the project in the 1930's to build the Saratoga Spa State Park including the Gideon Putnam Resort.
Today, Gideon Putnam Resort proves as enduring as our namesake, celebrating our 75th year of continuous operation.
Shorey Public Relations
(518) 587-1011 ext. 232
SOURCE Gideon Putnam Resort