CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. and ORLANDO, Fla., Feb. 21, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Shared Health, Inc., a leader in the health information technology (HIT) industry, has announced an enhanced version of its Clinical Xchange® platform – the engine that powers all of Shared Health's solutions. It connects a diverse array of health care professionals, providing secure data exchange of medical information and delivering clinical decision support and population management applications that build a seamless clinical community.
This platform allows clinicians and hospitals to access comprehensive data from a patient's entire health care team – and helps demonstrate compliance with all three stages of meaningful use.
"In this new era of health care reform and meaningful use, we are announcing an enhanced platform that provides greater connectivity and analytics to integrate physicians, health care systems, and other stakeholders for highly coordinated care, improved population management and the achievement of clinical integration within their community," said Jana Skewes, chief executive officer of Shared Health. "This strengthens their ability to achieve success under emerging reimbursement models."
Clinical Xchange Version 8 helps users achieve these goals through a three-part solution:
- A community-based health record driven by clinical data exchange for better care coordination.
- Features enabling eligible professionals to improve automated workflow across physicians' practices.
- Sophisticated analytics and reporting tools to meet emerging value-based reimbursement models like Accountable Care Organizations.
The enhanced platform includes a number of tools that enable proactive patient and population management, and is designed to complement a physician's practice workflow, whether their office is paper-based or completely electronic. Because Shared Health's applications are delivered as Software as a Service (SaaS), they work in virtually any computing environment, so clinicians and hospitals don't need to make a major investment in new equipment.
Clinical Xchange Version 8 delivers clinically relevant and actionable information through numerous packages designed to meet the needs of the community:
- Shared Health Connection Package – A comprehensive, community-based clinical health record with clinical data exchange connecting the physicians in the community, enabling more informed patient care and improved outcomes.
- Shared Health Connection+ Package – This package features tools and applications that improve automated workflow within a physician's practice, including Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE) and Shared Health ePrescribe® – A web-based electronic prescribing application, that allows the creation and electronic transmission of new prescriptions and prescription refills, benefit eligibility information, formulary guidance, and drug utilization review (DUR).
- Shared Health Clinical Integration Package – This package delivers the information needed to run a smarter business, improves clinical decision-making for healthier patient outcomes, and provides users with the ability to set alerts and report against specific quality measures and evidence-based guidelines. This is critical to organizations pursuing an Accountable Care Organization or other value-based reimbursement strategies.
About Shared Health
Shared Health was launched in 2004 with the mission to transform health care by offering secure, innovative health information technology (HIT) solutions. With the records of more than 3.5 million patients, Shared Health's web-based applications securely share and connect medical information across a patient's network of clinicians, including more than 5,000 clinicians in Tennessee, Mississippi and six other states. Shared Health strives to be the clinician's trusted partner for sharing relevant patient information at the point of care, enabling both health care professionals and consumers to improve outcomes. For more information on Shared Health, visit www.sharedhealth.com.
SOURCE Shared Health, Inc.