WEST BRIDGEWATER, Mass., Aug. 25, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Shaw's Supermarkets opened its 154th store location today in Hudson, MA. The events kicked-off with a ribbon cutting ceremony attended by Shaw's Leadership, Public Officials and Local Community Partners.
2017 has been a very exciting year for Shaw's Supermarkets. In addition to this new store in Hudson, the Company has also held six Shaw's Store Grand Re-Openings, including these in Massachusetts: Milford, Northbridge, Norwood and Braintree.
"On behalf of Shaw's Supermarkets, we thank the Town of Hudson for welcoming us into their community," said Paul Gossett, President of Shaw's Supermarkets. "We are proud of our long food retailing history in New England and today's new store opening in Hudson is an exciting day for Shaw's, our employees, vendors and community partners."
The Hudson Shaw's will feature the freshest produce, top-quality meats and seafood, and a large selection of natural, gluten free, organic and local product. Store department highlights include:
- We carry thousands of natural and organic items for all of your healthy eating occasions
- A Meat Department with a large section of All Natural and Organic meat
- A robust selection of our all natural and organic fresh seafood
- Prepared Meals and Hot Foods featuring freshly made fried chicken
- Our signature Bakery that features pick-your-own cases with a larger product variety, including store baked chocolate chip cookies
- Shaw's signature Produce Department that includes a variety of organics and also in-store fresh cut fruits and vegetables
As part of the celebration, Shaw's presented donations to the following local organizations at the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony:
- $2,500 to Hudson Community Food Pantry
- $2,500 to Boys & Girls Club of MetroWest Chapter in Hudson
- $500 in Shaw's Gift Cards to the Hudson Police Department
- $500 in Shaw's Gift Cards to the Hudson Fire Department
Over the coming week, customers are also invited to participate in New Store Opening Festivities. Highlights include the following and additional information and the schedule can be found at www.shaws.com:
- A chance to Win Free Groceries for 1 year ($100 per week) Promotion
- In-store sampling of delicious products, including in-store made guacamole and tortilla chips
- Visits by Wally the Mascot and New England Patriots Cheerleaders
Shaw's and Star Market are working to become the Favorite Local Supermarket™ in every state in which they operate. Shaw's is one of the oldest continuously operated supermarkets in the United States with its roots dating to 1860. Star Market, a premier food retailer, has been serving Boston area customers since 1915. Throughout the five New England states, there are 154 Shaw's and Star Market store locations employing approximately 19,000 employees. For more information about Shaw's and Star Market, please visit www.shaws.com and www.starmarket.com or connect with us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/starmarket or http://www.facebook.com/Shaws.
Contact: Teresa Edington
SOURCE Shaw's Supermarkets