LAS VEGAS, April 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Shift4 Corporation, provider of the DOLLARS ON THE NET® payment gateway, announced today that it has surpassed the milestone of 33,000 customers. What began as a solution to help one customer integrate a new credit card processing system has evolved into an innovative company of more than 200 employees that processes more than half a billion secure transactions annually – over $50 billion worth of transactions.
From DOS to SaaS, Shift4 consistently produces forward-thinking, iconic products and solutions to serve its diverse merchant customer base.
- A payments industry pioneer: The architects of DOLLARS ON THE NET and founders of Shift4 developed their first fully integrated payment solution in 1988 for a single customer, answering a growing need among merchants at the time. They founded Shift4 in 1994, where they introduced the first multi-merchant, bank-independent, real-time payment gateway, and have continued a legacy of innovation with numerous industry firsts, including:
- First company to introduce tokenization to the payments industry
- First company to tokenize third-party reservation data
- First company to release a single payment solution that covers all merchant types
- First company to offer enterprise-wide batch auditing
- First paying member of the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council (PCI SSC)
- First company to offer a bank- and processor-neutral point-to-point encryption solution
- Customer service-oriented: Shift4's U.S.-based customer support team's philosophy is to give merchant customers a competitive advantage by offering expedited support 24/7/365 as well as payments industry expertise and education.
- Merchant-focused: Shift4 is a proud merchant advocate, helping merchants to simplify PCI compliance and optimize their business processes to lower their processing fees and avoid costly payments pitfalls.
- Seamless payment processing: Shift4 privately connects with every major payment processor in North America, giving merchants the speediest and most reliable payment processing available.
- Value-added services: Shift4's payment gateway streamlines and secures payments for merchants in any industry, including hospitality, retail, food and beverage, and e-commerce. Its comprehensive features, including the recent addition of the VT4® mobile point-of-sale solution, make it scalable from a single store to a large enterprise with thousands of franchise or company-owned locations.
- Security: Shift4 has eight patents pertaining to payment data security and tokenizes more entry points than any other payments provider, offering merchants the highest level of payment security across brick-and-mortar, e-commerce and mobile.
Dave Oder, CEO, Shift4, said:
"Since day one, Shift4 has developed new technologies to solve merchants' payments issues before anybody else has even considered them. We've maintained that philosophy of going above and beyond for our merchant customers as the cornerstone of our work. We are profoundly grateful for our success, and we look forward to introducing many more 'firsts' as we continue creating the payment solutions that best serve our customers."
About Shift4 Corporation
Shift4 stands alone as the last major player in the payments space to remain independent, self funded, and merchant focused. Our DOLLARS ON THE NET® payment gateway comes with all the bells and whistles: pre- and post-settlement auditing, fraud controls, support for new technologies like EMV and mobile, secure connections to nearly every major bank and processor in North America, and 350+ certified integrations to leading POS, PMS, and e-commerce platforms. Shift4 invests heavily in payment security – we invented tokenization and own eight payment-security patents. We empower our 33,000+ merchant customers with the flexibility to customize our secure payment processing solutions to fit their business. Learn more at shift4.com.
Jessica M. Pasko
Nadel Phelan, Inc.
SOURCE Shift4 Corporation