LONDON, May 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Silica sand, also known as industrial sand, is one of the most common varieties of sand found in the world.
Due to a high silica content, high strength and non-reactive properties of silica sand, it has found well-diversified applications across various industries globally.
Here are some key findings of the study:
- Some of its applications include water filtration, glass making, industrial casting, sand blasting, adding texture to slick roads, sand finishes in paints and coatings, etc.
- Although, the demand of commercial silica products declined due to the global economic crisis in 2009, the market however, once again witnessed continuous growth from 2010.
- In recent years, the demand of industrial silica sand has also increased significantly in the hydraulic fracturing market.
- The global silica sand market has grown at a CAGR of around 6% during 2009-2016 with the production volume reaching 179 Million Tons in 2016.
- This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc.
The report has segmented the silica sand market on the basis of five major end-use industries:
- Hydraulic fracturing
Here are some findings based on the segmentations:
- Glass currently represents the largest market of the global silica sand consumption in volume terms followed by foundry, hydraulic fracturing, filtration and abrasives.
- Country-wise, the United States dominates the global silica sand market in terms of production. The United States is followed by Italy, Germany, Turkey and Australia.
- In terms of consumption, however, the Asia-Pacific region represented the biggest consumer of silica sand followed by North America and Western Europe.
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/silica-sand-market-production-volume-reaches-179-million-tons-in-2016-300457764.html