SAN FRANCISCO, March 19, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Global silicon on insulator (SOI) market is expected to grow at a significant CAGR in the upcoming period as the scope and its applications are rising enormously across the globe. Silicon on insulator (SOI) is a semiconductor fabrication technology that uses pure crystal silicon oxide and silicon for microchips and integrated circuits. The factors that are playing a major role in the growth of silicon on insulator (SOI) market are the rising use of SOI wafers in customer electronic devices and offers the high performance and low operating voltage. However, the lack of intellectual property ecosystems and the lack of knowledge may restrain the overall market growth in the years to come. Market of silicon on insulator (SOI) in-depth is segmented based on product type, wafer size, application, and region. Image sensing, RF FEM, optical communication, MEMS, power, and other product types could be explored in silicon on insulator (SOI) market in the forecast period. Based on the wafer size, 300 mm, 200 mm, and less than 200 mm could classify silicon on insulator (SOI) in-depth in the forecast period. The 300 mm sector is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR in the years to come.
The market may be categorized based on applications like telecommunications, automotive, photonics, computing and mobile, entertainment and gaming, and others could be explored in the forecast period. The automotive sector may account for the significant share of silicon on insulator (SOI) market and is estimated to lead the overall market in the years to come. The reason could be the growing number of manufacturers investing in driverless cars and ADAS. Silicon on insulator (SOI) market is segmented geographically into Americas (North America, South America), Europe (Eastern Europe, Western Europe), Asia Pacific (India, China, Japan, New Zealand, and Australia), Middle East (UAE, Saudi, and Qatar) and Africa (South Africa).Globally, Asia Pacific may account for the significant market share of silicon on insulator (SOI) in-depth and is estimated to lead the overall market in the years to come. The reason behind the overall market growth could be the presence of several consumer electronic industries, wafer and foundry players, and smartphone manufacturers. The developing countries like India and China are the major consumers of silicon on insulator (SOI) in this region.
Access 75 page research report with TOC on "Silicon on insulator (SOI) market" available with Radiant Insights, Inc. @ https://www.radiantinsights.com/research/global-silicon-on-insulator-soi-in-depth-market
The key players of silicon on insulator (SOI) market are Murata Manufacturing, Soitec, NXP Semiconductor N.V., Shin-Etsu Chemical, TowerJazz, GlobalWafers, STMicroelectronics N.V., SUMCO, GlobalFoundries, and Simgui. These players are concentrating on inorganic growth to sustain themselves amidst fierce competition.
- Geographically, this report is segmented into several key Regions, with production, consumption, revenue (M USD), market share and growth rate of Silicon on Insulator (SOI) in these regions, from 2012 to 2023 (forecast), covering
- North America (United States, Canada and Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, UK, Russia and Italy)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, Korea, India and Southeast Asia)
- South America (Brazil, Argentina, Columbia)
- Middle East and Africa (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, Nigeria and South Africa)
- Global Silicon on insulator (SOI) market competition by top manufacturers, with production, price, revenue (value) and market share for each manufacturer; the top players including
- Soitec (France)
- Shin-Etsu Chemical (Japan)
- GlobalWafers (Taiwan)
- STMicroelectronics N.V. (CH)
- NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NL)
- Skyworks Solutions, Inc. (US)
- Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd. (JP)
- Qorvo, Inc. (US)
- Sony Corporation (JP)
- Magnachip Semiconductor (KR)
- United Microelectronics Corporation (TW)
- Qualcomm Inc (US)
- On the basis of product, this report displays the production, revenue, price, market share and growth rate of each type, primarily split into Silicon on Insulator (SOI) Market, by Wafer Size
- 200 mm
- 300 mm
- On the basis on the end users/applications, this report focuses on the status and outlook for major applications/end users, consumption (sales), market share and growth rate of Silicon on Insulator (SOI) for each application, including
- Computing and Mobile
- Entertainment and Gaming
Browse reports of similar category available with Radiant Insights, Inc.:
- PET Radiopharmaceuticals Market
- Dupuytren Contracture Drug Market
- Cancer Anorexia-Cachexia Syndrome Drug Market
- Hypopharyngeal Cancer Treatment Market
About Radiant Insights, Inc.:
At Radiant Insights, we work with the aim to reach the highest levels of customer satisfaction. Our representatives strive to understand diverse client requirements and cater to the same with the most innovative and functional solutions.
SOURCE Radiant Insights, Inc.