LONDON, Jan. 24, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Increasing demand for LNG from end-users, declining LNG prices, strategic geographical location in Asia-Pacific and implementation of favourable government policies are few of the major factors expected to boost demand for LNG in Singapore. To address the growing domestic demand, the country imports natural gas from Indonesia & Malaysia and LNG from countries of Qatar, Equatorial Guinea and Australia. In 2013, Singaporecommissioned an LNG terminal in Jurong Island, with an initial LNG handling capacity of 3.5 mmtpa, which was later increased to 6 mmtpa in 2014. Power generation sector emerged as the largest consumer of LNG in Singapore, as of 2015, however, with the increasing demand for LNG to be used as bunkering fuel in transportation sector, the market share of LNG for application in power sector is expected to decline, during the forecast period, thereby impacting demand for LNG in the region.
According to "Singapore LNG Market Demand & Supply Analysis, By Region, By Application, By LNG Terminal, Competition Forecast and Opportunities, 2011-2025", market for LNG in Singapore is projected to grow at a CAGR of 10.39% during 2016-2021. Various upcoming LNG based power plants, emergence of LNG to be used as a bunkering fuel, falling supply of piped natural gas from neighbouring countries, imposition of regulations to modulate supply of piped natural gas and cost-effectiveness of LNG in comparison with other alternative fuels are the major factors anticipated to positively influence LNG market scenario in Singapore, over next ten years. "Singapore LNG Market Demand & Supply Analysis, By Region, By Application, By LNG Terminal, Competition Forecast and Opportunities, 2011-2025" discusses the following aspects of LNG market in the Singapore:
- Singapore LNG Demand & Supply Analysis
- Singapore LNG Potential Demand & Supply Gap
- Regional Market Analysis (South West, North West, Central Singapore, North East and South East)
Why You Should Buy This Report?
- To gain an in-depth understanding of LNG market in Singapore.
- To identify the on-going trends and anticipated growth in the next ten years
- To help LNG terminal operators, aggregators, suppliers, marketers and consultants in aligning their market-centric strategies
- To obtain research based business decisions and add weight to presentations and marketing material
- To gain competitive knowledge of leading market players
- To avail 10% customization in the report without any extra charges and get research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer's specific needs
The information contained in this report is based upon both primary and secondary research. Primary research includes interaction with LNG terminal operators, aggregators, distributors and industry experts. Secondary research includes an exhaustive search of relevant publications such as company annual reports, financial reports and proprietary databases.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4646993/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/singapore-lng-market-demand--supply-analysis-by-region-by-application-by-lng-terminal-competition-forecast-and-opportunities-2011-2025-300396149.html