SEATTLE, March 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Owners of action cameras share some common laments: it's very time consuming to download, edit and share videos, and most of their footage sits, stale and forgotten on SD cards. Sioeye™ Inc., a new company with strong connections to the mobile phone industry, aims to change that with today's debut of the Sioeye Iris4G, the first unlocked, wearable smart-camera that broadcasts live video through 4G LTE mobile networks in real time.
Coinciding with the launch, Sioeye unveiled its updated website and shared a video on YouTube that asks the provocative question: If no one is watching, did it really happen?
The video, filmed in Seattle's I-5 Colonnade Mountain Bike Park, is a vignette demonstrating how Sioeye's connected device, live streaming service, and interactive mobile apps work together to bring viewers into the action, right as it unfolds. It features breathtaking point-of-view footage filmed on the Sioeye Iris4G by the dirt jumper who rode the course.
"We're providing a brand new service that didn't exist before today," said David Abramowski, the general manager of Sioeye. "The Sioeye experience has three components: a connected camera, the Sioeye Cloud™, and the Sioeye Social Apps. Together, they help athletes and viewers connect and share real life adventures like never before."
Sioeye, whose name is an acronym of the phrase, "streaming Internet of everything you experience," announced its Android smart-camera in November 2015 with the promise of delivering in early 2016. Today, March 15, the company begins shipping the new camera.
The Sioeye Iris4G is a self-contained, unlocked Android device that connects to any of the top 4G LTE networks in the U.S. via a SIM card, which users purchase separately from any major carrier. In addition to live streaming, the Sioeye Iris4G also shoots high quality 4K video, slow-motion, still photos, burst photos, and time lapse from a compact and lightweight camera body.
With a simple push of the Sioeye LiveCapture™ button, the Sioeye Social App instantly notifies followers that a live broadcast is taking place and automatically posts a viewable link as a tweet or Facebook update. The Sioeye Social App (a free download from Google Play or iTunes) provides easy access to live streaming and instant replays, and viewers can interact with each other and get a real-life view of the broadcaster's speed and altitude through the Sioeye LiveStats™, a real-time display overlaid directly on the video.
MSRP for the Sioeye Iris4G is $499.00 and the camera can be purchased on the company's website, sioeye.com. It comes with a unique green tinted waterproof case, universal mounting clip, adhesive mounting kit, and a free basic subscription to the Sioeye Cloud live streaming service. Sioeye also offers a dozen add-on accessories, such as chest and head mounts, for users to tailor filming to their sport and the shooting angle they want.
"The Sioeye Iris4G is a durable, connected, and fun camera that will change the way people share their experiences," summarized Abramowski. "From skiers to snowboarders, cyclists to motocross riders and surfers to skaters, we can't wait to see what the world will share via Sioeye."
Coinciding with the launch today, March 15, Sioeye is broadcasting live from its Seattle headquarters at 1:00 p.m. PDT. To participate in the live broadcast, download the free Sioeye Social App, and follow "SioeyeMedia."
For more information about Sioeye and the Sioeye Iris4G, go to sioeye.com.
The Sioeye Iris4G Features
- Built-in integration with the Sioeye Cloud™ live streaming service
- High performance six glass lens camera module with protective coating
- Configurable 150 degree field of view
- F2.8 aperture with image circle of 8.0mm for better low light recording and enhanced video and photo quality
- Integrated 2.0" LCD touchscreen
- Barometer, GPS, and Altimeter experience sensors
- 4G LTE/3G/Wi-Fi connectivity (removable SIM)
- Live streaming data usage is .33 GB per hour
- Automated network optimization and video quality switching
- 480p live broadcast with optional simultaneous 1080p HD recording
- 1GB onboard storage and optional MicroSD card up to 64GB
- High definition video recording of 4K & 2K at 30fps as well as super slow motion capabilities with 1080p at 30 & 60fps and 720p @120fps and more
- Rechargeable Lithium Ion battery with up to 2hrs record, 1hr live stream
- Selectable modes for 18/12/8MP still images, time lapse videos, and slow motion videos
- iOS and Android smart remote control via the Sioeye apps
- Rugged protective case (waterproof down to 197') with specialized button-controlled user interface
Headquartered in Seattle, Sioeye™ Inc., the streaming Internet of everything you experience, is dedicated to creating innovative ways to enable participants to share their extreme sports experiences as they unfold with their friends, family and fans. Sioeye designs and develops smart cloud connected devices, including the Sioeye Iris4G, cloud-based live streaming video services and interactive mobile applications enabling people to share experiences in real-time. For more information, go to sioeye.com.
SOURCE Sioeye Inc.