TULSA, Okla., April 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Sky Fitness & Wellbeing ("Sky") marks the fifth anniversary of its South Tulsa location with the announcement today of a new, second location in Midtown located in the Tulsa Promenade Mall property at 41st and Yale Avenue.
The anchor 40,200 square foot, two-story Sky Fitness & Wellbeing facility will be located on the western end of the mall property facing OU's Schusterman Center. Convenient automobile ingress/egress to Yale Ave.; a ground-floor entrance; and an adjacent, 170- space parking lot allow easy access for members and staff without entering the enclosed mall. Interior and exterior renovations on the Sky of Midtown location will begin shortly with formal opening anticipated in fall 2011.
Sky built its brand on helping members achieve a balanced life through exercise, knowledge, nutrition, and stress management. Jay Wagnon, president of Sky Fitness & Wellbeing calls this the Sky Circle of Success. "We have built a solid reputation for improving all aspects of health and wellbeing with the best programs, professionals, machines, weights, and equipment in a pristinely clean environment.
"Altogether, our services, hospitality, and amenities give our members an exceptional experience with every visit," he added.
Sky now wants to make its top-of-the-line fitness experience more convenient to other residents. "Our membership base is growing beyond South Tulsa. This second location will not only be more convenient for several members, but will also invite more of the community to improve their health with Tulsa's premier fitness facility," Wagnon said. "We waited for exactly the right location and feel confident that, given the significant traffic and favorable demographics in the area, the Sky brand, and our approach to total health and wellbeing, will be well received."
The new facility will be similar in size to the South Tulsa Sky Fitness & Wellbeing with the same exceptional equipment, staff, programs, commitment to member service, and impeccable cleanliness standards. Sky of Midtown will feature additional fitness modalities innovative to Sky and to Tulsa.
Among other programs and services committed:
- Month-to-month agreements, no contract memberships
- 200+ pieces of state-of-the-art strength and cardio equipment
- High-tech cardio floor
- Advanced fitness/wellness assessment technology
- Sky Balanced Life: nutrition, stress management and exercise planning
- Nationally-certified Sky Private Trainers & registered dietician
- Group fitness programs including the BodyPump™, Body Combat™, the exclusive Sky S-Cycle with ceiling-suspended bands and free weights for a more whole-body workout, and TRX® Suspension Training™ system.
- Dedicated yoga and Pilates studios
- Plush locker areas with private showers, steam rooms and saunas
- 2,600 sq. ft. SkyKids™ Activity Center with interactive games, a child's rock wall and 2-story playground
- SkyCafe™ serving fresh smoothies and offering nutritional snacks and supplements
- Massage and tanning
- A continued focus on cleanliness: Sky Fitness & Wellbeing logs more than 400 hours per week on continuous cleaning of the facility, locker rooms, equipment, childcare areas, as well as exercise and fitness classrooms.
The new Sky Fitness & Wellbeing Midtown facility is expected to employ 80, including 25 full-time and 55 part-time employees. Some current Sky Fitness & Wellbeing employees will join the Midtown location, and Wagnon anticipates other employees will be recruited from Tulsa or nationally for specialized staff positions, as necessary.
Other Tulsa Promenade anchors include Dillard's, JCPenney, Macy's and the Hollywood Theaters. Sky will help energize the west end of the Promenade Mall and increase traffic to the area.
Jonathan Cowan of MDS Acquisition, LLC, the landlord/owner of the Sky Fitness & Wellbeing building said, "We are very excited to have Sky kick off the redevelopment of the former Mervyn's as our anchor tenant. They will be an excellent addition to the retail mix at Promenade Mall and we expect positive synergies with the existing retailers and the future tenant(s) of the remaining 34,000 square feet in the building. Sky's reputation as a first-class operator will serve customers well at this key location in Midtown Tulsa."
Investment in the new facility is estimated at $3.9 million, with commitment to using local, Tulsa contractors and vendors when possible.
Updates on Sky of Midtown's features and opening date will be posted to Sky's website at www.sky-fit.com or on Facebook at facebook.com/skytulsa.
SOURCE Sky Fitness & Wellbeing