Small Business Conference Debuts in Philadelphia to Help Entrepreneurs Grow
America Talks Business Is the Anti-TED Conference for Growing Companies
14 May, 2013, 08:35 ET
PHILADELPHIA, May 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Small business owners and entrepreneurs will gather in Philadelphia for the inaugural America Talks Business conference on July 25, 2013. The event is produced by marketing expert David Newman, author of the book "Do It Marketing: 77 Instant Action Ideas to Boost Sales, Maximize Profits and Crush Your Competition."
"The conference is a gathering of entrepreneurs, executives and business owners under the theme of 'Big ideas for growing companies.' The Philadelphia America Talks Business event is the first in a series of one-day entrepreneurial conferences with plans to expand into Atlanta, New York City, Minneapolis, Phoenix, and San Francisco by 2014," said Newman, who delivers keynote speeches and marketing seminars for corporations, entrepreneurial groups and association meetings nationwide.
America Talks Business has been called the TED conference for business – "but more interactive, more fun, more relevant, and more actionable. Unlike the TED conference, ATB is affordable to everyone, not just the elite. And unlike TED, you leave ATB not only thinking differently, but with an action plan for doing differently -- and growing your business," Newman says.
The inaugural event takes place at the Arts Bank, a performance space at the University of the Arts in Philadelphia at the corner of South and Broad Street, better known as Philadelphia's Avenue of the Arts. The Arts Bank has an intimate theater space that can hold 225 that Newman calls "the perfect venue in which to experience the America Talks Business keynotes, mini-seminars, mastermind roundtables and strategic jam sessions." Tickets are available online at www.AmericaTalksBusiness.com.
Newman says, "America Talks Business is about businesspeople who make things happen - from startups, to established entrepreneurs and even the alpha dogs and mavericks who are creating the next wave of big business success. Our goal is to explore new ways of doing business, challenge attendees to think and do differently, and give entrepreneurs a place to network outside their normal circles. In short, America Talks Business will help you gather with other great people doing great work to energize, inspire and connect you to your next big thing."
Among the speakers confirmed for the inaugural America Talks Business conference in Philadelphia:
- Stephanie Chandler is the author of several books including Own Your Niche: Hype-Free Internet Marketing Tactics to Establish Authority in Your Field and Promote Your Service-Based Business. She is also CEO of http://AuthorityPublishing.com, specializing in custom book publishing and social media marketing services, and http://BusinessInfoGuide.com, a directory of resources for entrepreneurs. A frequent speaker at business events and on the radio, she has been featured in Entrepreneur, BusinessWeek, and Wired magazine, and blogs for Forbes.
- Geoff Ramm is a multi-award winning marketing speaker, based in the United Kingdom. Geoff serves as national president of the Professional Speakers Association in the UK. He has keynoted throughout Europe, South Africa, Canada, and the Middle East. Geoff is the author of the book, "OMG: Observational Marketing Greats." America Talks Business marks his conference speaking debut in the United States.
- Gene Marks is a columnist, author, and small business owner. Gene's weekly columns for The New York Times, Forbes, The Huffington Post, Inc Magazine, FOX Business, and Philadelphia Magazine are read by hundreds of thousands of small and medium sized business owners. Gene has written five books on business management, specifically geared towards small and medium sized companies. Through his keynotes, workshops, seminars and executive retreats, Gene helps business owners, executives and managers understand the political, economic and technological trends that will affect their companies so they can make profitable decisions.
- Corey Perlman is an entrepreneur, author and nationally recognized social media expert. His book, eBoot Camp, became an Amazon.com bestseller in every major business category and received global attention with distribution in China and India. Corey's company, eBoot Camp, Inc., provides digital marketing services to small and mid-size businesses. A member of the National Speaker's Association, Corey conducts his critically acclaimed Social Media for Business keynotes and seminars to audiences around the world.
- David Newman is a nationally acclaimed marketing speaker who presents to groups of entrepreneurs and executives who want to generate more leads, better prospects, and bigger sales. David is the author of the Amazon #1 bestseller, "Do It Marketing: 77 Instant Action Ideas to Boost Sales, Maximize Profits and Crush Your Competition" (AMACOM, 2013). David is the past president of the National Speakers Association Mid-Atlantic chapter. He has presented keynotes, seminars, and strategic work sessions for over 600 groups since 1992, including state and national associations, nonprofit organizations, and companies of every size.
For conference information, sponsorship opportunities, and registration details, go to www.AmericaTalksBusiness.com.
SOURCE David Newman
Share this article