NEW YORK, Aug. 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Evolution in Healthcare Delivery
As currently formulated, a significant number of therapeutic drugs require dosage volumes or possess viscosities well in excess of the upper range for traditional subcutaneous delivery. These drugs are currently delivered via infusion. The demographics of patient populations and the current trend in therapeutic drug development are converging to create an increasingly steep demand curve for infusion. The costs and logistics of this convergence are a major driver of the energy behind small form factor subcutaneous infusion systems. As the adoption of and acceptance of self-administered therapies grows, patients are spending less time with physicians and are playing a greater role in the delivery and management of their treatments. This dramatic shift in healthcare delivery is creating a need for devices that mask an underlying layer of complexity via design initiatives that are patient-friendly.
What You Will Learn
-What small form factor (SFF) subcutaneous infusion systems are currently marketed or in development, who are the suppliers, and what are the device specifics?
- What are the therapeutic markets being targeted by SFF subcutaneous infusion systems?
- What are the essential design factors, material selection issues, technologies and market development issues for SFF subcutaneous infusion systems?
- What are the major factors that will drive SFF subcutaneous infusion systems demand?
- How are SFF subcutaneous infusion systems currently aligned with various drug classes and therapeutic markets?
- What is the addressable market for SFF subcutaneous infusion systems?
- What is the expected impact of SFF subcutaneous infusion systems on drug delivery markets?
- Who are the significant players in this segment? What are their strategies? Who are their alliance partners?
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04053511-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001