LONDON, January 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
- Liquefaction, Regasification, Satellite Station, Bunkering & Fuelling Station Forecasts
Visiongain identifies LNG import terminals and liquefaction plants as small scale if their regasification or liquefaction capacity is less than 1 mtpa. Other elements of the small scale LNG market are bunkering facilities used by LNG fuelled vessels, infrastructure to supply LNG as a fuel for road vehicles and LNG satellite stations.
Historically, LNG is produced by large scale liquefaction plants and imported by regasification terminals of large receiving capacities. LNG is transported internationally with the use of large scale LNG carriers. Technological advancements, geographical considerations and new uses of LNG have influenced the market for LNG infrastructure at a smaller scale. Visiongain assesses that Capex on small scale LNG will reach $4.59bn in 2015.
Small scale regasification terminals have capabilities to receive, store and regasify LNG. They can be supplied by small and large scale liquefaction plants operating domestically or from foreign suppliers. The reasons for having these smaller terminals vary from space limitation, areas with low energy demand and offering access to geographically stranded markets. Japan is an example of a country that strategically uses small scale LNG infrastructure to serve stranded markets within the country. Building pipelines to serve certain areas is not always feasible so small scale LNG facilities can be used instead. They can be constructed within a year, offering flexibility and expanding the scale of LNG infrastructure.
To see a report overview please email Sara Peerun on [email protected]
Small scale liquefaction plants are used when they can offer more economically viable solutions than their large scale counterparts. On occasions where the quantity of gas reserves does not support the building of expensive large scale liquefaction plants, economic efficiencies can be optimised through utilising smaller liquefaction plants. Large scale LNG plants can take up to ten years from final investment decision to start up date. Plants under 1 mtpa can be constructed within three years. The ability to enjoy profits in a shorter time is another driver for decisions to build smaller scale plants. Other than targeting smaller gas fields, these plants are used as peak shaving systems. These systems liquefy gas, store it and regasify it when demanded. They are applied to feed the natural gas grid when gas consumption peaks. Smaller liquefaction units are also used strategically to shorten distances between the less numerous large scale plants and gas markets. A less common application of these smaller plants is to make use of the otherwise flared gas at oil extraction sites. In China such plants are also used to provide fuel for heavy vehicles at industrial sites such as coal mining trucks.
Satellite stations complement the whole LNG supply chain. They can be used for gas storage, peakshaving and intermediate points between truck and rail deliveries. Using satellite storage stations for LNG enables the practice of storing gas for use when demand is at its highest level. For instance, in winter LNG stored in satellite stations can be utilised by the local community. LNG transported from major stations is treated and stored in the necessary state for further use. Satellites are increasingly used to receive and store LNG near industrial sites, with the LNG then used as fuel.
Demand for LNG as a marine vessel fuel is driving the development of LNG import and storage facilities at a number of locations. Examples of LNG bunkering stations are the Vestbase in Kristiansund, Norway by Gasnor Shell and the Yangzte River LNG terminal in China. Using LNG for freight transportation is a challenging proposition though. The premium of converting an existing vessel to LNG propulsion is still too high to be justified. Stricter emission regulations and favourable fuel usage costs are driving LNG bunkering. Norway is the country most established in LNG bunkering but proposals for bunkering facilities in other areas are growing. LNG bunkering to ships can be offered by trucks, ships, barges and stationary installations. These operations are commonly carried out at ports or LNG plants. Truck to ship and ship to ship bunkering offers a flexible choice of location for the operation. For instance, Barents Naturgass in Norway offers truck to ship bunkering in 25 different locations depending on customer preference.
LNG is increasingly used for onshore transportation driven by environmental targets. Compared to diesel, LNG has lower carbon emissions. China and the US are the leaders in offering LNG fuelling services for vehicles. Fuel stations are built to supply solely LNG or the facilities are incorporated at traditional fuelling stations. It is common to have stations offering both compressed natural gas (CNG) and LNG named LCNG stations. For road transportation LNG is primarily used for heavy vehicles such as trucks and buses.
Why you should buy the Small Scale Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Market 2015-2025 report
Small scale LNG is a dynamic and evolving market with distinctive drivers. The report will help you understand how this market is developing and identify investment opportunities by answering questions such as: What are the future trends in the small scale LNG market over the next ten years? Which national markets will prosper over the next ten years? Who are the main companies in the small scale LNG market in 2015? Which are the main technology providers in the small scale LNG market? Visiongain's comprehensive analysis contains highly quantitative content delivering solid conclusions benefiting your analysis and illustrates new opportunities and potential revenue streams helping you to remain competitive. This definitive report will benefit your decision making and help to direct your future business strategy.
This 183 page report guarantees to deliver the following key information:
• View capital expenditure forecasts, as well as analysis, from 2015-2025 keeping your knowledge one step ahead of your competition and allowing you to exploit key business opportunities
- The report provides detailed projections of capital expenditure in the small scale LNG market as a whole, within the national markets and submarkets, allowing you to more effectively compete in the market. In addition, it profiles and analyses the main companies and technology providers in the small scale LNG market. As well as market forecasts from 2015-2025, our new study shows current market data, original critical analysis, and revealing insight into commercial developments and strategies.
• Our report provides 122 tables and figures examining the small scale LNG market space
- Let our analysts present you with a thorough assessment of the current and future prospects of the small scale LNG market. You will gain from our analyst's industry expertise allowing you to demonstrate your authority on how the small scale LNG industry will develop and which countries stand to see most growth.
• Visiongain is one of the few business intelligence companies that provides full transcripts of primary research company interviews. Be part of this knowledge. Learn what industry thought leaders are thinking. Leaders hold critical information
- By reading the full transcripts of exclusive expert opinion interviews contained in the report you will keep up to speed with what is really happening in the industry. Don't fall behind. You will gain a thorough knowledge of the current situation and potential development of the small scale LNG industry, you will find strategic advantages for your work and will learn how your organisation can benefit - allowing you to assess prospects for investments and sales.
- Deputy CEO of Swedegas (the operating company of the national grid in Sweden)
- The President of GasEner SRL (a company specialising in small scale LNG)
• Discover capital expenditure forecasts and analysis for the small scale LNG submarkets from 2015-2025
- What are the key trends and factors affecting each of the submarkets of small scale LNG market covered? How will these markets expand and why? Use our forecasts and expert insight to grow your business and give you more industry influence. Stay informed about the potential for each submarket with forecasts and analysis from 2015-2025:
- Small Scale Liquefaction
- Small Scale Regasification
- LNG Satellite Stations
- LNG Bunkering Facilities for Vessels
- LNG Fuelling Stations for Road Vehicles
- You will also receive details on more than 70 LNG bunkering projects, operational, planned and under construction.
• Understand the prospects for the leading national and regional small scale LNG markets
- Where are the greatest levels of capex currently being spent and what opportunities exist for growth going forward? See where and how opportunities exist with revealing individual market forecasts and analysis from 2015 to 2025. Each national market includes an overall forecast, as well as forecasts for each of the small scale LNG submarkets within each national market:
- Rest of the World
• Read about how the recent fall in oil prices will affect the small scale LNG market
Included in the report is a lengthy discussion of the causes and consequences of the fall in oil prices since the summer of 2014. The report includes a ten year oil price forecast (upon which the capex forecasts are based), as well as laying out two alternative oil price scenarios and the factors that could bring them about.
To see a report overview please email Sara Peerun on [email protected]
• Identify which are the main companies of the small scale LNG market
- The report provides detailed profiles of 5 key companies operating within the small scale LNG market, as well as analysing other important players:
- Gasnor Shell
- Skangass AS
- Energy Holdings Limited
- Kunlun Energy
• Identify who are the main technology providers of the small scale LNG market
- Our report reveals the main technology providers to this market, with profiles and analysis for each:
- Air Products & Chemicals Inc. (APCI)
- Black & Veatch
- Chart Industries Inc. (Chart)
- Cryostar Group
- Wartsila Hamworthy
Discover Information found nowhere else in this independent assessment of the small scale LNG market
The Small Scale Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Market 2015-2025: Liquefaction, Regasification, Satellite Stations, Bunkering & Fuelling Station Forecasts report provides impartial analysis. With the independent business intelligence found only in our work, you will discover where the prospects are for profit. In particular, our new research provides you with key strategic advantages: our informed forecasts, independent and objective analysis, exclusive interviews and company profiles will provide you with that necessary edge, allowing you to gain ground over your competitors.
With this report you are less likely to fall behind in knowledge or miss crucial business opportunities. You will save time and receive recognition for your market insight. See how this report could benefit and enhance your research, analysis, company presentations and ultimately your individual business decisions and your company's prospects.
What makes this report unique?
Visiongain consulted widely with leading industry experts and the full transcripts from exclusive interviews with the Deputy CEO of Swedegas and President of GasEner SRL are included in the report. Visiongain's research methodology involves an exclusive blend of primary and secondary sources providing informed analysis. This methodology allows insight into the key drivers and restraints behind market dynamics and competitive developments. The report, therefore, presents an ideal balance of qualitative analysis combined with extensive quantitative data including global, national and regional markets forecasts from 2015-2025.
Why choose visiongain business intelligence?
Visiongain's increasingly diverse sector coverage strengthens our research portfolio. The growing cross-sector convergence of key verticals and the interplay of game changing technologies across hitherto unrelated industries are creating new synergies, resulting in new business opportunities for you to leverage.
As such, visiongain's team of London based in-house analysts offer a wealth of knowledge and experience to inform your strategic business decisions. Let visiongain guide you.
How the Small Scale Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Market 2015-2025 report can benefit you
Visiongain's report will be of value to anyone who wants to better understand the small scale LNG market and its dynamics. It will be useful for businesses who wish to better comprehend the part of the market they are already involved in, or those wishing to enter or expand into a different regional or technical part of the small scale LNG market. This is an extremely exciting area from a growth and potential point of view. The report covers different sectors of what is defined as the small scale LNG market that each present unique business propositions.
You will discover forecasts for the period 2015-2025 in terms of capital expenditure for the small scale LNG market for the six national markets and the five submarkets. In addition you will see profiles and analysis of key companies within the global market. Only by purchasing this report will you receive this critical business intelligence revealing where and why capital expenditure growth is likely and where the lucrative potential market prospects are located. Don't miss this key opportunity to gain a competitive advantage.
If you buy our report today your knowledge will stay one step ahead of your competitors. Discover how our report could benefit your research, analyses and strategic decisions, saving you time. To gain an understanding of how to tap into the potential of this market and stay one step ahead of the competition order the Small Scale Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Market 2015-2025 report.
To request an exec summary of this report please email Sara Peerun at [email protected] or call Tel: +44 (0) 20 7336 6100
Companies Listed on this report
Air Products and Chemicals Inc. (APCI)
Alpha Natural Resources
Anhui Huaqiang Natural Gas
APNG (Applied Natural Gas Fuels)
Black & Veatch
Buffalo Marine Service
Chart Industries, Inc.
China LNG Group Limited
China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC)
Chinese Construction Bank (CCB)
Chinese National Offshore Oil Corp (CNOOC)
Clean Energy Corp.
Colony Energy Partners
ENN Energy Holdings
Fairbanks Natural Gas
Fjord Line AS
Flint Hills Resources
Fortis BC Energy
Gaz Métro LNG
Harvey Gulf International Marine
Hawaiian Electric Company
Japan Exploration Co. Ltd (Japex)
JX Nippon Oil & Energy
Kunlun Energy Company Limited
Liquefied Natural Gas Limited
LNG Europe B.V.
Ohio Gas Company
Oy AGA Ab
Polish Oil and Gas Co.
Preem Petroleum Corporation
PT Perusahaan Listrik Negara
Puget Sound Energy
Royal Dutch Shell plc
Sendai Municipal Gas
Tenaska NG Fuels
United Parcel Service (UPS)
Veka Deen LNG
Xilan Natural Gas Group
Other Organisations Mentioned in This Report
Office of the Federal Coordinator for Alaska Natural Gas Transportation Projects (Arcticgas)
China Ministry of Land and Resources
Chinese Communist Party (CCP)
Department of Energy (DoE) US
Energy Information Administration (EIA), US
European Union (EU)
Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC)
Great Lakes Maritime Research Institute
International Gas Union (IGU)
International Maritime Organisation (IMO)
International Monetary Fund (IMF)
Japan's Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry
Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore
National Energy Administration (NEA) China
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
New York City Department of Transportation
Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)
US Maritime Administration
To see a report overview please email Sara Peerun on [email protected]