DUBLIN, August 30, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Smart Agriculture Market - With Forecast (2016-2021)" report to their offering.
The global smart agriculture market is expected to reach $19 billion by the end of the forecast period.
Smart agriculture refers to the use of technologies to enhance productivity. The concept of Internet of Things has penetrated the agricultural sector as well. The kinds of technology involved in smart agriculture and precision farming include wireless local area networks, ZigBee, sensor networks, cloud computing and several others. The use of such technologies ensures that remote monitoring of the farm is possible and using all the data collected, better and well-informed decisions can be made.
Global warming is resulting in drastic climate change across the world. Droughts and floods are affecting the agriculture yield all over. Smart agriculture can help farmers be better prepared to deal with natural calamities using weather monitoring services. Also, governments across the globe are cracking the whip on unhealthy use of fertilizers and pesticides.
Smart agriculture plays a vital role in minimizing the impact of chemicals on the environment. Monitoring the condition of the soil and yield monitoring are other advantages that precision agriculture brings to the table. With a sea of information to analyze, farmers are able to use resources much more effectively.
However, the lack of awareness in developing economies will act as a deterrent in the growth of the smart agriculture market. In addition, the high initial investment will further hinder the growth of the market. There is a also a need for standardization to ensure interoperability and ease of deployment and use.
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- SemiosBio Technologies Inc.
- Trimble Navigation Ltd.
- Salt Mobile SA
- Deere & Company
- SST Development Group, Inc.
- AGCO Corporation
- Agjunction Inc.
- Raven Industries, Inc.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Market Overview
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Landscape
4. Market Forces
5. Strategic Analysis
6. Smart Agriculture Market - By Hardware:
7. Smart Agriculture Market - By Service:
8. Smart Agriculture Market - By Solution:
9. Smart Agriculture Market - By Geography:
10. Market Entropy
11. Company Profiles
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bw6tgm/smart_agriculture
- Smart Agriculture Market by Hardware and Network Platform (GPS/GNSS Devices, Sensor Monitoring Systems, and Smart Detection Systems/Network Elements), Service, Software, Application, and Geography - Global Forecast to 2022
- Connected Agriculture Market by Solution (Agricultural Trading, Tendering and Bartering), Application (Smart Logistics and Irrigation), Services, & Region - Global Forecast to 2020
Related Topics: Agriculture
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets