SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 25, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global smart home security cameras market size is anticipated to reach USD 11.89 billion by 2027, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., expanding at a CAGR of 15.7% over the forecast period. Rising prominence of security devices in smart homes for complete control and access of households through remote is generating higher demand for these security cameras. In addition, rising penetration of smart households across regions is paving way for these devices.
Rapid growth in the smart home penetration across developed nations of America and Europe is positively impacting the demand for the devices. According to the European Commission in 2017, Europe Smart Home revenue is expected to reach USD 19 billion by 2021, through its massive markets in U.K. and Germany. Additionally, rising insecurity among homeowners is making them indulge in home security systems. According to a study by Fixr, in 2019, smart security systems are the smart home devices, of which 68% of people are familiar with and 53% are most likely to own in U.S.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Based on product, the wired segment is likely to reach USD 6.56 billion by 2027
- By application, doorbell camera is anticipated to reach USD 4.08 billion by 2027
- Asia Pacific is expected to expand at the fastest CAGR of 16.3% from 2020 to 2027
- Top players operating in the market include Vivint, Inc.; ADT; SimpliSafe, Inc.; Frontpoint Security Solutions, LLC; Brinks Home Security; iSmart Alarm, Inc.; LiveWatch Security LLC; Skylinkhome; Protect America, Inc.; and SAMSUNG.
Read 80 page research report with ToC on "Smart Home Security Cameras Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Wired, Wireless), By Application (Doorbell Camera, Indoor Camera, Outdoor Camera), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027'' at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/smart-home-security-camera-market
Increasing cases of burglary are also resulting in increased prominence of these technically driven home cameras for greater control of households. Rising number of crimes, including theft and burglary, has increased the prominence of security devices for smart households. According to the 2017 crime statistics released by the FBI, approximately three burglaries occur every minute in U.S., making it the second-most frequent crime after larceny-theft.
Moreover, about 2.5 million cases of burglary are registered in a year, of which 66% are home break-ins. According to a report on Victimization During Household Burglary by Alarms.org, in 2018, 65.1% of the attackers knew the victim in U.S. This increases the cases of intrusion as a result of allowing people in one's premises without actually confronting as to what and whom they want, before letting them in. This scenario has risen the application of smart security systems in households so as to effectively monitor the safety of their houeholds.
In terms of product, the wired segment held a dominant position in the market in 2019. Wired cameras are widely used in various households owing to their low installation and maintenance costs as compared to wireless models. These devices also project longer durability and greater reliability, thus witness higher penetration compared to wireless security devices.
The indoor camera application segment held the largest share of 40.2% in 2019. Rising cases of theft, burglary, and intrusion are resulting in increased application of these security devices inside the households. According to a blog by Safewise, as of 21 April 2020, a burglary occurs every 26 seconds in U.S. Therefore, in order to access complete control over households throughout the day through remote access, consumers opt for indoor application of home security devices.
North America dominated the market with a revenue share of 40.1% in 2019. Increasing penetration of smart homes in the region is boosting the demand for smart home security devices as an aid to access control over the security of the households. According to the European Commission in 2017, Smart Home revenue in U.S. is expected to grow over three-fold between 2016 and 2021, exceeding USD 32 billion.
Grand View Research has segmented the global smart home security camera market by product, application, and region:
- Smart Home Security Camera Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Smart Home Security Camera Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Doorbell Camera
- Indoor Camera
- Outdoor Camera
- Smart Home Security Camera Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- The U.K.
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
List of Key Players of Smart Home Security Camera Market
- Vivint, Inc.
- SimpliSafe, Inc.
- Frontpoint Security Solutions, LLC
- Brinks Home Security
- iSmart Alarm, Inc.
- LiveWatch Security LLC
- Protect America, Inc.
Find more research reports on Electronic & Electrical Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Coffee Machine Market – Increased consumption of coffee in Asian countries is one of the key factors driving market growth. In addition, the introduction of new products, such as green and organic coffee, is expected to result in high consumption, thereby contributing to the market growth.
- Robotic Wheelchairs Market – Rising instances of temporary and permanent mobility impairment, growing geriatric population, and obese individuals who cannot participate in activities that demand smooth movement are driving the demand for robotic wheelchairs.
- Paper Shredder Market – The global paper shredder market size was valued at USD 1.7 billion in 2018 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.8% from 2019 to 2025.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.