- Award-winning SMART kapp portfolio now features a 75-inch SMART kapp iQ and SMART kapp iQ Pro
- All collaboration features delivered in the SMART kapp Plus app are now available free of charge
- SMART installation and onsite support services offerings are now available through SMART via new SMART-authorized global Install & Onsite Service providers ComTech Services and VC-Techs Ltd.
Integrated Systems Europe, AMSTERDAM and CALGARY, AB, Feb. 9, 2016 /CNW/ -- SMART Technologies Inc. (NASDAQ: SMT) (TSX: SMA), a leading provider of education and collaboration solutions, has taken business collaboration to a new level with the addition of 75-inch models of SMART kapp iQ® and SMART kapp iQ Pro™, the newest version of the SMART kapp app available free of charge to all subscribers, and a collection of new global install and onsite support services.
With these new offerings, SMART now delivers end-to-end collaboration solutions and services to customers around the globe. Collaboration in the workplace is becoming increasingly important as the workforce becomes more mobile. Collaboration solutions that enable teams to work together seamlessly whether they are in the same room or across the globe are critical to a company's success. The full SMART kapp portfolio allows teams to collaborate in real-time regardless of location with the added benefit of saving their work and revisiting it at a later date.
"Our customers are our number one priority, and we are continuously evolving our solutions and service portfolios to meet their needs," said Greg Estell, SMART president, Education & Enterprise. "These new additions to our business portfolio offer the latest in collaboration technology plus peace of mind that SMART will deliver a consistent installation and support experience."
The new 75-inch SMART kapp iQ builds upon the existing 55-inch and 65-inch kapp iQ lineup, plus the following additional features:
- Additional ports to support a greater number of connected devices
- Mini PC compatibility – mounting points allowing greater flexibility in how customers choose to equip their collaboration environments
- 60Hz 4K Ultra HD for true 4K video support
- Freeze Frame, enabling customers the freedom to freeze screen content while they perform background tasks, leading to more efficient use of meeting time
- Improved touch and ink performance for the most accurate and reliable experience possible
- The kapp iQ whiteboard is now four times bigger than previous releases. Customers can brainstorm and collaborate on an always-on large whiteboard canvas.
The new 75-inch SMART kapp iQ Pro expands upon the 55-inch and 65-inch SMART kapp iQ Pro family, allowing users to:
- Zoom in, zoom out, write, add images and interact directly with content through SMART Meeting Pro software's Unbound Workspace (included as 1 room license and 25 personal licenses)
- Write over everyday applications like Adobe PDF, Microsoft Office® documents, web browser content and more
- Ink over many design and engineering applications, like Autodesk Navisworks®, Autodesk Revit®, Tekla BIMsight and more, with the ability to save the files in native format
- Manage meetings more effectively through integration with Microsoft® Exchange™ and Office 365™
- Share presentations, voice and video via SMART Bridgit™
Version 2.2 of the SMART kapp app features a dynamic new panoramic whiteboard on SMART kapp iQ and SMART kapp iQ Pro displays – simply pan left and right to collaborate on 4X the usable whiteboard space. This, and all other collaborative features of version 2.2 of the SMART kapp app, including the ability to continue any whiteboard session, sharing up to 250 users, password-protected sessions and watermark-free PDFs, will be available free of charge beginning on March 14, 2016.
The new SMART global installation and onsite 'Plus' support services feature end-to-end support services options from SMART to meet enterprise support needs, now including new 'Plus' support tiers which include onsite break-fix support coverage. SMART Global Installation Services are sold and managed by SMART. SMART is offering installation services via its new global Installation and onsite providers, ComTech Services and VC-Techs Ltd. To learn more, visit www.smarttech.com/services, or stop by SMART's booth at Integrated Systems Europe (ISE) 2016, stand no. 12-A92.
Pricing and Availability
- SMART kapp iQ is available now. The new 75-inch model will sell at an MSRP of $6,999. The 55-inch model has an MSRP in the U.S. of $3,999, and the 65-inch model has an MSRP in the U.S. of $4,999.
- SMART kapp iQ Pro is available today for U.S. $6,799 (55-inch model), $7,999 (65-inch model), and $9,999 (75-inch model).
- The SMART kapp app version 2.2 will be available in the Apple App Store and Google Play on March 14, 2016, free of charge.
- The new SMART global installation and onsite 'Plus' support services will be available on SMART's price list beginning Feb. 19, 2016.
Prices in other countries will vary Please contact your SMART authorized dealer for more information.
About SMART Solutions for Business SMART Technologies offers SMART visual collaboration solutions for organizations around the globe. SMART meetings are intuitive, productive and collaborative, whether participants are onsite or remote. The combination of SMART's interactive flat panels and SMART Meeting Pro® software enables meetings that start with the touch of a finger. SMART also offers SMART Room System™ for Microsoft® Lync®, SMART kapp™ - a new solution that revolutionizes the traditional dry-erase board - and SMART kapp iQ. To learn more, visit smarttech.com/business.
About SMART SMART Technologies Inc. (NASDAQ: SMT, TSX: SMA) is a world leader in collaboration solutions that are redefining the way the world works and learns. We are an innovator in interactive touch technologies and software that inspire collaboration in both education and businesses around the globe. To learn more, visit smarttech.com.
SMT – M
Reader's advisory Certain information contained in this press release may constitute forward-looking information or statements. By their very nature, forward-looking information and statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties, both general and specific, and risks that predictions, forecasts, projections and other forward-looking information and statements will not be achieved. We caution readers not to place undue reliance on these statements as a number of important factors could cause the actual results to vary materially from the forward-looking information or statements. We do not assume responsibility for the accuracy and completeness of the forward-looking information or statements. Any forward-looking information and statements contained in this press release are expressly qualified by this cautionary statement.
©2016 SMART Technologies. All third-party product and company names are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners. To view a list of SMART trademarks please visit our Trademarks and Guidelines page.
Please note that SMART is written in all capital letters.
SOURCE SMART Technologies Inc.