PHILADELPHIA, April 26, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Krispy Kreme Philadelphia is bringing America's favorite doughnut to Center City, Philadelphia. The second location in the region is set to open at 41 S. 16th Street on May 4, 2011 at 6:00 a.m.
The Krispy Kreme Center City store will be proudly serving the company's signature hot Original Glazed® doughnut as well as other one-of-a-kind doughnut varieties. Krispy Kreme signature coffees and espresso drinks will be available as well as baked goods, including bagels, sweet rolls and muffins. The Center City store will also offer organic oatmeal with specialty toppings, granola, and fresh fruit as well as catering for special events.
The grand opening festivities will kick off at 6:00 a.m. and door prizes include:
- THE FIRST CUSTOMER to walk through the door will receive one free dozen Original Glazed® doughnuts every week for a year.
- THE NEXT 11 CUSTOMERS to walk through the door will receive one free dozen Original Glazed® doughnuts every month for a year.
- THE NEXT 20 CUSTOMERS to walk through the door will receive 20 free medium cups of Krispy Kreme Coffee (1 per visit)
- THE FIRST ONE HUNDRED CUSTOMERS to walk through the door will receive an official Krispy Kreme T-shirt.
- FROM 2-4:30 P.M. May 4, 2011– customers will receive ONE FREE Original Glazed® doughnut (offer good while supplies last)
A ribbon cutting ceremony will take place at 8:30 a.m. Community dignitaries attending the ceremony include Philadelphia Mayor, Michael A. Nutter, Councilman, Darrell L. Clarke and Dough Nuts for Doughnuts partners, Keith Morgan and Brian Zaslow. Krispy Kreme Philadelphia will donate $2,500 to one of their FUNdraising partners, Kisses for Kyle, A foundation that is dedicated to helping children with cancer and their families.
The new Krispy Kreme Center City store is located on 16th at Chestnut. The location is convenient to Suburban Station, PATCO and other SEPTA bus routes.
ABOUT KRISPY KREME
Krispy Kreme is an international retailer of premium-quality sweet treats, including its signature Original Glazed® doughnut. Headquartered in Winston-Salem, N.C., the company has offered the highest-quality doughnuts and great-tasting coffee since it was founded in 1937. Krispy Kreme is proud of its Fundraising program, which for decades has helped non-profit organizations raise millions of dollars in needed funds. Today, Krispy Kreme shops can be found in more than 640 locations around the world.
215-627-4747 x 100
SOURCE Krispy Kreme Philadelphia