NEW YORK, Dec. 14, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The United Kingdom and Ireland market is one of the key regional markets for personal protective equipment (PPE) in western Europe, with market participation from global manufacturers as well as a large number of local competitors. This deliverable provides an insight into this regional market for PPE. Top end-user industries and regional market trends are discussed. Revenue estimates and forecasts are provided for the different types of PPE such as above-the-neck protection, respiratory protection, hand protection, protective apparel, foot protection, fall protection, and gas detectors.
Key Findings : personal protective equipment market
- The UK and Ireland personal protective equipment (PPE) market was worth $ million in 2014.
- This market is expected to experience a moderate growth and generate a revenue of $ million by 2019, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of % during 2014–2019.
- Hand protection, protective apparels, and foot protection are the largest product segments in the UK and Ireland PPE market, accounting for % of the total market revenue. This trend is expected to
continue till 2019.
- Gas detection, fall protection, and above-the-neck protection are the fastest-growing product segments in the UK and Ireland PPE market. They are expected to grow at a CAGR of % to % during 2014–2019.
- Construction, transportation, automotive, and utilities are some major end-user segments that are expected to drive growth in this market.
- Although the steel industry is an important employer in the region, current market challenges from inexpensive Chinese imports and the high energy costs impact profitability and local employment, as UK manufacturers have announced job cuts to minimise losses.
- Strengthening of private label brands and increasing acceptance of e-commerce are the top distribution trends in the UK and Ireland PPE market.
PPE Market—An Overview
Globally, the PPE market is driven by legislations that primarily aim at workplace safety. It is also driven by the employers' concern for the safety of their employees from workplace hazards. The PPE market, to some extent, is immune to the vagaries of the economy. However, it is dependent on employment trends, which in turn are impacted by economic conditions.
- PPE can be classified into seven major product categories depending on the protection offered.
- Factors that drive the PPE market and motivate manufacturers to upgrade and enhance product
lines to address market dynamics include:
o Changing workplace environment and type of hazards
o Updates and enforcement of standards and regulations
o Globalisation and changing workforce demographics
o Impact of fashion and changing customer preferences
What Drives the PPE Market?
Population, economy, legislations, and employment are the major growth drivers for the PPE market. Like a shrinking economy, a shrinking employment base is detrimental to the demand for PPE products. However, a stricter enforcement of legislation is a good driver of growth in the PPE market.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03467047-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001