FAYETTEVILLE, Ark., April 7, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- SOAPware, Inc., an industry leader in electronic health record (EHR) software, announced today that SOAPware 2011, Certified for 2011/2012 Stage 1 Meaningful Use as a Complete EHR product, is now available for commercial release. SOAPware 2011 is one of only a handful of complete EHR products that are now commercially available.
SOAPware 2011 is also one of a select few EHR products certified for the full spectrum of all 44 clinical quality measures as specified by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. In certifying against all of the quality measures instead of the minimum nine required by the ONC-ATCB, SOAPware 2011 empowers practices of any type - primary care and specialty - to participate fully in Meaningful Use.
With the introduction of a patient compliance dashboard, SOAPware has again provided users with a simple, easy-to-use interface to monitor and track compliance with Meaningful Use criteria. Brian Riveland, MD, President and Managing Partner at Thunderbird Internal Medicine of Arizona, has been deeply involved with SOAPware 2011 throughout the development and beta processes. "Meaningful Use criteria are daunting and [often] not intuitive to practicing physicians," observes Dr. Riveland. "SOAPware has done everything possible in SOAPware 2011 to help providers achieve Meaningful Use." Feedback from other beta users has been equally as positive and has helped to shape the user experience and functionality provided by SOAPware 2011.
"Our goal is to produce technology solutions that add value to the patient-provider relationship," states Randall Oates, MD, FAACP, President and CEO of SOAPware, Inc. "The SOAPware team has worked hard to deliver a product that serves the best interest of providers and patients. Being Meaningful-Use ready is only one of the many changes and improvements we've made to our software. We continue to focus on developing market-leading, innovative advances that meet the needs of our customers and the rapidly changing landscape of healthcare today and tomorrow."
Additional Upgrades to SOAPware 2011 EHR include:
- Online access via the Portal, permitting patients to communicate with doctor and practice, and access important health information via the Internet.
- Support for full spectrum of Meaningful Use clinical quality measures.
- New Meaningful Use dashboards.
- Auto-tracking of provider Meaningful Use statistics.
- The ability to generate patient reminders based on criteria in the chart.
- Implementation of Clinical Decision Support Rules (clinical alerts).
- Interoperability support for in- and out-bound CCR documents.
- New SOAPnote types designed for Meaningful Use.
- Clinical summaries for each office visit.
- New demographic fields.
- Allergy and contraindication interaction support.
- Medication reconciliation for incoming transition of care patients.
- Summary of Care documents for outgoing transition of care patients.
- Implementation of record of disclosures.
- Syndromic health surveillance and reporting.
- PDF-format export of patient copies of medical records.
- New Emergency Access Security Role.
About SOAPware, Inc.
Founded by physicians, for nearly two decades SOAPware, Inc. has adhered to a simple philosophy of delivering affordable technology to healthcare providers. Improving healthcare and the quality of life, by empowering medical professionals and patients with innovative technology and services, is the mission we are committed to achieve. To learn more about SOAPware 2011, visit http://www.SOAPware.com.
SOAPware Marketing Department
Brad Hampton, Marketing Director
SOURCE SOAPware, Inc.