SAN JOSE, Calif., Jan. 5 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- SonicWALL, Inc. (Nasdaq: SNWL), a leading secure network infrastructure company, today announced immediate availability of SonicWALL Global Management System (GMS) 6.0, the latest major release of GMS.
"With release 6.0 we have greatly expanded the applicability of GMS to our customer's networks. Many customers have been asking us for central management for SonicWALL Email Security and CDP appliances and now they have it - both at the individual device and the group level," said Jan Sijp, Director of Product Management, SonicWALL. "One of the main focus areas at SonicWALL and for GMS in particular is serving our Managed Service Provider [MSP] customers. Our MSP customers will benefits from a new Web Services Application Programming Interface [API] which MSPs can use to integrate GMS with their other in-house systems. GMS at its core is a productivity enhancement and expense management solution and GMS 6.0 builds on this foundation. Our new reverse inheritance feature closes the loop with the existing reverse inheritance functionality enabling customers to, among other things, copy configurations from one device to another or from one device to a group of devices."
Among many other new features, GMS 6.0 introduces the following capabilities:
- SonicWALL Multi-Solution Management: With GMS 6.0, GMS administrators can define and push policies for Continuous Data Protection (CDP) and Email Security appliances at the device, device group, or global level. Expanding granular management coverage to the CDP and Email Security product lines enables enterprise and MSPs to centrally manage their entire SonicWALL infrastructure.
- Application Firewall reporting provides greater visibility into the impact and effectiveness of application firewall policies and increases employee productivity and efficiency of network usage.
- The ability to run custom reports for secure remote access devices allows administrators to use the raw logs collected from Aventail and SMB SSL VPN devices under management.
- Support for SonicOS 5.5 extends GMS capabilities to a wider range of UTM appliance features, making the GMS administrator more productive.
- A new Web services Application Programming Interface (API) facilitates integration between GMS and other management consoles and enterprise applications, thereby greatly increasing the productivity of the internal IT staff.
- Near real time live monitoring and alerting based on syslog messages from SonicWALL devices under management increases network uptime.
GMS 6.0 is available for download on www.mysonicwall.com to GMS customers with an active GMS support contract.
For more information and a more complete list of features introduced in GMS 6.0 please visit: http://www.sonicwall.com/us/products/14413.html.
About SonicWALL, Inc.
SonicWALL is committed to improving the performance and productivity of businesses of all sizes by engineering the cost and complexity out of running a secure network. Over one million SonicWALL appliances have been shipped through its global network of ten thousand channel partners to keep tens of millions of worldwide business computer users safe and in control of their data. SonicWALL's award-winning solutions include network security, secure remote access, content security, backup and recovery, and policy and management technology. For more information, visit the company web site at http://www.sonicwall.com/.
Safe Harbor Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
Certain statements in this press release are "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. The forward-looking statements include but are not limited to statements regarding the benefits associated with the enhanced capabilities and benefits associated with SonicWALL's Global Management System 6.0. These forward-looking statements are based on the opinions and estimates of management at the time the statements are made and are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated in the forward-looking statements. In addition, please see the "Risk Factors" described in our Securities and Exchange Commission filings, including our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2008, for a more detailed description of the risks facing our business. All forward-looking statements included in this release are based upon information available to SonicWALL as of the date of the release, and we assume no obligation to update any such forward-looking statement.
NOTE: SonicWALL is a registered trademark of SonicWALL, Inc. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
SOURCE SonicWALL, Inc.