TORONTO, July 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
- Integration with Nectar™ UCMP is designed to reduce the number of servers required to provide diagnostics and analytics for SBC infrastructure and designed to detect and address network errors before impacts occur.
- Integration with PeterConnects® Attendant Console, a powerful operator station, allows fast and easy handling of large quantities of voice and video calls through Skype for Business.
- Release eases Skype for Business roll-outs by maintaining connectivity with long-loop analog phones, IPv6 to IPv4 interworking and simplified one number fax support for Microsoft Exchange Unified Messaging.
Sonus Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: SONS), a global leader in secure and intelligent Cloud communications, announced today the general availability of the SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 Release 6.0, designed to enhance support of Microsoft Skype for Business deployments either on-premises or with Cloud PBX in Microsoft Office 365. Release 6.0 also simplifies network architectures for enterprises, providing a secure and simple Unified Communication (UC) experience.
Enhanced User Experience and Productivity for Skype for Business
Sonus customers can now utilize a pre-integrated, centralized Nectar Unified Communications Diagnostics (UCD) system to cut operational costs, simplify monitoring and provide end-to-end SIP session visibility in Skype for Business deployments. This joint solution significantly reduces the number of servers required to provide analytics data for enterprises deploying SIP-based UC, such as Skype for Business, with critical SBC infrastructure. The integration of Sonus' enterprise SBCs with Nectar's UC Management Platform (UCMP) offers IT managers a solution that proactively monitors the health and performance of a network for better Skype for Business session quality.
For enterprises managing high volumes of inbound calls, Sonus provides an SBA that integrates with PeterConnects Attendant Console, a robust operator station for Skype for Business, that eases call handling and distribution across an organization or branch locations.
Simplified, Quick Skype for Business Roll-Outs
Release 6.0 presents enhancements for Skype for Business deployment:
- Analog endpoint flexibility for long analog loops, up to 3km, to legacy FXS endpoints to save time and money associated with analog closet re-wiring when moving to a UC solution.
- Support for IPv6, such as IPv6 to IPv4 interworking, preserves an investment in legacy equipment while adding support for the latest SIP-based equipment.
- One number fax reduces dedicated fax line costs while maintaining support for fax forwarding to Microsoft Exchange Unified Messaging.
"Enterprises are continually looking for ways to reduce operational cost and complexity when deploying a Unified Communications solution like Skype for Business," said Cary Hayward, Sonus senior director, Product Management. "Release 6.0 facilitates migration and delivers quality of experience enhancements to help customers move to Skype for Business on-premises or with Cloud PBX in Microsoft Office 365."
- The Sonus SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 recently received a 2016 Unified Communications Product of the Year Award presented by INTERNET TELEPHONY magazine.
- Sonus was named a 2015 Skype for Business Pioneer Award winner by TMCnet and INTERNET TELEPHONY magazine.
- For more information on the Sonus SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 click here.
- Download a free copy of SBC for Dummies and Skype for Business for Dummies here.
- Click here to register for Sonus' webinar "Simple and Secure: Skype for Business."
Tags/Keywords: Sonus Networks, SONS, Skype for Business, Real-Time Communications, Session Border Controllers, SBC, SBC 1000, SBC 2000, Unified Communications, UC
Sonus brings the next generation of Cloud-based SIP and 4G/VoLTE solutions to its customers by enabling and securing mission critical traffic for VoIP, video, IM and online collaboration. With Sonus, enterprises can intelligently secure and prioritize real-time communications, while service providers can deliver reliable, secure real-time services for mobile, UC and social applications. Sonus offers an award-winning portfolio of hardware-based and virtualized Session Border Controllers (SBCs), Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSCs), Cloud Exchange Networking Platform, Policy/Routing servers and media/signaling gateways. Visit www.sonus.net or call 1-855-GO-SONUS. Follow Sonus on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements:
The information in this release contains forward-looking statements regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this release are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Sonus' business, please refer to the "Risk Factors" section of Sonus' most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Any forward-looking statements represent Sonus' views only as of the date on which such statement is made and should not be relied upon as representing Sonus' views as of any subsequent date. While Sonus may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Sonus specifically disclaims any obligation to do so.
Jason Vancura, +1-978-614-8321
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sonus-introduces-new-capabilities-to-its-enterprise-sbcs-to-simplify-migration-to-microsoft-skype-for-business-300298111.html
SOURCE Sonus Networks, Inc.