WESTFORD, Mass., July 9, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
Release 5.0 of the Sonus SBC 1000/2000 features:
- Innovative presence reporting for users engaged in calls from non-Skype for Business endpoints;
- New provisioning templates to simplify configuration and increase speed of Skype for Business deployments;
- Continued support for SBA functions in Skype for Business branch deployments.
Sonus Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq :SONS ), a global leader in enabling and securing real-time communications, announced today that the Sonus SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 Session Border Controllers (SBCs) Release 5.0 will be generally available on July 28. The update is designed to deliver an enhanced experience for enterprises as they migrate to Skype for Business. As a Microsoft Gold Communications Partner, Sonus provides Microsoft Enterprise Voice customers features that simplify, enable and secure real-time communications within Skype for Business and Lync environments.
The SBC 1000/2000 are architected to support interworking between legacy communications (PBX) equipment and Skype for Business to make the migration process seamless for enterprises. With the presence feature, end users are provided with reporting from the Skype for Business server for users engaged in calls from non-Skype for Business endpoints. This functionality is intended to provide a simple migration path to Enterprise Voice by identifying a contact's status – on legacy equipment or Skype for Business endpoints. Release 5.0 also delivers:
- Provisioning templates that simplify configuration of Skype for Business interworking with legacy equipment, SIP trunking solutions, ISDN, IP PBX and FXO clients. This feature is designed to enable an enterprise to deploy its Skype for Business application with greater speed-to-market.
- Continued support for SBA functions, ensuring real-time communications are delivered even if the WAN goes down. This feature is supported with the latest instantiation of the survivability application, including security enhancements and upgrade simplicity capabilities.
"Enterprises today are assessing the migration from their existing PBX or Unified Communications applications to Skype for Business," said David Tipping, vice president and general manager, Products, Sonus. "By arming our partners with SBC 1000/2000 Release 5.0, end users can migrate easily with features like presence, which identifies availability regardless of the PBX being used."
"Nearly 53% of the companies that are consolidating their UC environment are moving to Skype for Business," said Irwin Lazar, vice president and service director at Nemertes Research. "However, implementing Skype for Business for telephony is not a flash-cut. Most will run multiple systems for many years, thus they need the means to integrate Skype for Business into existing telephony systems during transition. Using Session Border Controllers can ease integration and management challenges by creating a common platform for dial-plan and policy management."
- The SBC 1000/2000 are fully tested to ensure interoperability with Sonus IQ for Skype for Business.
- Release 5.0 provides increased clarity to the dialing party during call setup with the delivery of the connected party's name, enabling users to easily identify the employee/ group.
- If a connection with the Skype for Business server pool is lost, Release 5.0 delivers on-board Numonix call recording to support Skype for Business call recording when the WAN is down.
- Click here for information on the Sonus SBC portfolio.
- Click here for a copy of Sonus' Skype for Business for Dummies and here for a copy of Sonus' Session Border Controllers for Dummies.
- Click here for information on Sonus IQ for Skype for Business.
Sonus Networks, SONS, Session Border Controller, SBC, SBC 1000, SBC 2000, Skype for Business, Sonus IQ, Sonus IQ for Skype for Business
Sonus brings the next generation of Cloud-based SIP and 4G/VoLTE solutions to its customers by enabling and securing mission critical traffic for VoIP, video, IM and online collaboration. With Sonus, enterprises can intelligently secure and prioritize real-time communications, while service providers can deliver reliable, secure real-time services for mobile, UC and social applications. Sonus offers an award-winning portfolio of hardware-based and virtualized Session Border Controllers (SBCs), Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSCs), Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) capabilities, Policy/Routing servers and media/signaling gateways. Visit www.sonus.net or call 1-855-GO-SONUS.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements:
The information in this release contains forward-looking statements regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this release are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Sonus' business, please refer to the "Risk Factors" section of Sonus' most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Any forward-looking statements represent Sonus' views only as of the date on which such statement is made, and should not be relied upon as representing Sonus' views as of any subsequent date. While Sonus may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Sonus specifically disclaims any obligation to do so.
Jason Vancura, +1-978-614-8321
SOURCE Sonus Networks, Inc.