WESTFORD, Mass., Jan. 4, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
- Release 1.1 of the WebRTC Services Solution provides service provider revenue opportunities for virtually all mobile, tablet, laptop and desktop devices.
- Sonus' WebRTC Services Solution aligns to enterprise and service provider network Cloud/NFV architectures with support for private and major public Cloud deployments.
- Release 1.1 provides new session mobility features to enhance mobile customer support.
Sonus Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: SONS), a global leader in secure and intelligent Cloud communications, today announced that it is bringing new WebRTC capabilities to enterprises and service providers through its WebRTC Services Solution Release 1.1. This release provides support for 97 percent of mobile devices and increases support of major Cloud environments. Additionally, Sonus provides simplified integration of messaging services, robust authentication security features and innovative session mobility features.
Release 1.1 ensures the WebRTC Services Solution runs in Amazon and Google public Cloud environments, making it possible to leverage the scale and network efficiencies of public Cloud providers. Sonus also made enhancements to its iOS, Android and .net SDK library support, reaching 97 percent (Source: International Data Corporation (IDC) Worldwide Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker August 2015) of the addressable mobile device market so developers can easily create WebRTC applications. Release 1.1 also offers:
- REST API for messaging services to increase flexibility for integrating automated, external or legacy messaging platforms into WebRTC applications.
- A generic authentication framework to implement a social media, directory services, proprietary or non-standard authentication model for seamless and secure information transfer.
- Heightened session mobility for end-users to simultaneously engage in WebRTC sessions across multiple smartphones, tablets and laptops.
"With Sonus' WebRTC Services Solution, we developed a software offering to create secure and intelligent click-to-connect mobile applications and services," said Tony Scarfo, Sonus executive vice president, Services, Product Management and Corporate Development. "Release 1.1 enables Sonus customers to take the next step in the evolution of WebRTC so they have the technology that more seamlessly integrates into their network architectures."
"For many use-cases, WebRTC deployment is occurring in parallel with other communications-industry megatrends, especially the move to Cloud-based platforms and the use of mobile devices," said Dean Bubley, Disruptive Analysis, founder and director. "We also see cases where voice/video is embedded inside messaging-centric 'workstream' applications. It is encouraging to see more vendors support WebRTC integration with iOS, Android and important public Cloud platforms."
- Click here for information on the WebRTC Services Solution.
- Click here for a free copy of Sonus' WebRTC for Dummies.
Sonus, SONS, Web Real-Time Communications, WebRTC, WebRTC Services Solutions, Cloud
Sonus brings the next generation of Cloud-based SIP and 4G/VoLTE solutions to its customers by enabling and securing mission critical traffic for VoIP, video, IM and online collaboration. With Sonus, enterprises can intelligently secure and prioritize real-time communications, while service providers can deliver reliable, secure real-time services for mobile, UC and social applications. Sonus offers an award-winning portfolio of hardware-based and virtualized Session Border Controllers (SBCs), Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSCs), Cloud Exchange Networking Platform, Policy/Routing servers and media/signaling gateways. Visit www.sonus.net or call 1-855-GO-SONUS. Follow Sonus on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements:
The information in this release contains forward-looking statements regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this release are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Sonus' business, please refer to the "Risk Factors" section of Sonus' most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Any forward-looking statements represent Sonus' views only as of the date on which such statement is made and should not be relied upon as representing Sonus' views as of any subsequent date. While Sonus may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Sonus specifically disclaims any obligation to do so.
Jason Vancura, +1-978-614-8321
SOURCE Sonus Networks, Inc.