WESTFORD, Mass., Sept. 21, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
- Sonus SBC SWe meets the Unified Capabilities Requirements (UCR) through the Department of Defense (DoD) Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC).
- The SBC SWe is the first standalone, vendor agnostic virtual SBC included on the Defense Information System Agency's (DISA) Approved Products List (APL).
- Sonus' SBC SWe joins the Sonus SBC 5110, SBC 5210, and Sonus VX 900 Voice Exchange on the DISA APL.
Sonus Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: SONS), a global leader in securing cloud and real-time communications, announced today that its Session Border Controller Software Edition (SBC SWe) has completed the interoperability testing and cyber security certification for the DISA UCR. The Sonus SBC SWe is the first standalone, vendor agnostic virtual SBC to be posted on the DISA APL.
The DISA APL provides a list of certified technology products for deployment in the U.S. DoD. The certification is a rigorous testing process, featuring comprehensive interoperability and information assurance tests to validate and certify vendor products for operation in DoD networks.
With this JITC certification, federal and government agencies can now deploy the SBC SWe to protect and connect disparate communications networks, while ensuring voice and video communications are delivered with the highest quality possible. The SBC SWe delivers this functionality at a lower cost with greater flexibility compared to hardware-based SBC appliances. As Miercom testing proves, the SBC SWe delivers mission-critical security, interworking and scalability during the most demanding network conditions.
The SBC SWe joins the Sonus SBC 5110, SBC 5210 and VX 900 Voice Exchange as JITC-certified products on the DISA APL.
"Sonus' virtual SBCs are trusted by the largest service providers and enterprises to detect and mitigate real-time communication vulnerabilities, and simplify communication networks," said William Hartwell, vice president, U.S. Federal Government Sales, Sonus. "The JITC certification enables Sonus to bring the same expertise to government agencies that have stringent security requirements and diverse VoIP, video and UC environments."
"Frost & Sullivan has long recognized the value of migrating real-time communications infrastructure, including session border controllers, from dedicated hardware to virtualized software platforms," notes Michael Brandenburg, Industry Analyst at Frost & Sullivan. "JITC certification enables government agencies to take full advantage of the flexibility of Sonus' virtual SBCs."
- Sonus was recently named the 2017 North American eSBC Company of the Year by Frost & Sullivan.
- The Sonus SBC SWe recently received a 2017 Cloud Security Excellence award from Cloud Computing magazine.
- Sonus SBC solutions are Miercom Performance Verified and are deployed in many of the world's mission-critical networks spanning finance, oil and gas, manufacturing, transportation, education, retail, healthcare and pharmaceutical markets.
- Get your free copy of Securing Real-Time Communications for Dummies.
- Read your complimentary copy of the Miercom report: Sonus SBC SWe Session Border Controller Independent Performance Verification.
- Download Frost & Sullivan's award write-up: Sonus Networks 2017 North American eSBC Company of the Year.
Sonus brings the next generation of Cloud-based SIP and 4G/VoLTE solutions to its customers by securing mission critical traffic for VoIP, video, IM and online collaboration. With Sonus, enterprises can secure and prioritize real-time communications, while service providers can deliver reliable, secure real-time services for mobile, UC and social applications. Sonus offers an award-winning portfolio of hardware-based and virtualized Session Border Controllers (SBCs), Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSCs), Policy/Routing servers and media/signaling gateways. Visit www.sonus.net or call 1-855-GO-SONUS. Follow Sonus on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements:
The information in this release contains forward-looking statements regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this release are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Sonus' business, please refer to the "Risk Factors" section of Sonus' most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Any forward-looking statements represent Sonus' views only as of the date on which such statement is made and should not be relied upon as representing Sonus' views as of any subsequent date. While Sonus may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Sonus specifically disclaims any obligation to do so.
Jason Vancura, +1-978-614-8321
SOURCE Sonus Networks, Inc.