SAN DIEGO, June 14 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony today announced plans to sponsor the 2010 Dew Tour, a series of five events throughout the year featuring competition with some of the world's best skateboard, BMX and freestyle motocross athletes.
Beginning in late June with the Skate Open, ISF™ Skateboarding World Championships in Boston and culminating this October with the Dew Tour Championships in Las Vegas, each event will feature "Innov8 Park", three separate Sony tents inviting fans to "See It, Hear It, Play It & Share It Here First." In addition to showcasing a variety of new products, these tents will host appearances and signings from several of the most recognizable athletes competing on tour.
Featured products to include:
- PIIQ™ Headphones Line – These new headphones provide a premium sound experience while blending styles from action sports, music, art and street culture, making them a natural fit for the 2010 Dew Tour. On-site product giveaways, listening stations featuring playlists custom-created by Dew Tour athletes and much more will also be available. Five distinct styles are available including:
- Marqii™ Premium Cans - ($99.99) Supreme sound and build quality with comfortable, secure fit
- Giiq™ Over-Ear Cups - ($49.99) Slick-skinned cord and flex motion cups for fit. Crystal clear, robust sound
- Triqii™ Over-Beanie Phones- ($29.99) Scar-resistant skin stays neat through thick and thin
- Qlasp™ Lobe Clip Buds - ($24.99) Earbud style clips on and hangs tough
- Exhale™ Big Bass Buds - ($14.99) Big beat bluster in a bud body
- TRIK™ iPod/iPhone Dock Speaker System – ($130) Ideal for the music enthusiast who wants outstanding sound to fit their personal style, this unit offers a rich audio experience in a compact and fully customizable design. On-site activities will include guest DJs spinning from a life-size TRIK system, live graffiti art demo, listening stations, product giveaways and more.
- Sony bloggie™ Cameras – ($170) Upload your life with Sony's ultra-portable, ultra-compact high-definition video camera. "Pistol-grip" vertical design and large flip out 2.5-inch screen allows you to catch special moments on-the-go.. Onsite product rentals and wired upload stations for event attendees will be available.
- PlayStation® Move motion controller & 3-D Gaming – Fans will have the chance to step inside the redesigned PlayStation® Patrol truck for a first look at the PlayStation Move motion controller as well as exclusive Blu-ray games on the PS3™ system, or check out the stereoscopic 3-D gaming tent with titles WipEout™, MotorStorm®: Apocalypse™, Pain™ and Super Stardust™.
Athletes to appear at Sony "Innov8 Park" tents include:
- Chaz Ortiz – Pro Skater, 2008 Dew Cup Champion, 2nd overall in 2009 Dew Tour rankings
- Daniel Dhers – Pro BMXer, three-time Dew Cup Champion (2006-2008), 3rd overall in 2009 Dew Tour rankings
- Ryan Decenzo – Pro Skater, 4th overall in 2009 Dew Tour rankings
- Adam Taylor - Pro Skater, 6th overall in 2009 Dew Tour rankings
- Tyler Hendley - Pro Skater, 13th overall in 2009 Dew Tour rankings
- Jordan Hoffart - Pro Skater, 19th Overall in 2009 Dew Tour rankings
Dew Tour Event Schedule:
- June 25-26, 2010 : Boston, Skate Open, ISF™ Skateboarding World Championships
- July 23-24, 2010: Chicago, Nike 6.0™ BMX Open
- August 12-15, 2010: Portland, Ore. Wendy's™ Invitational
- September 16-19, 2010: Salt Lake City, Toyota™ Challenge
- October 14–17, 2010: Las Vegas, Dew Tour Championships
Where to buy Sony products: Sony's PIIQ Headphones, TRIK iPod Dock Speaker System, bloggie™ camera and PlayStation 3 game systems and accessories can all be purchased at www.sonystyle.com as well as at Sony Style stores and other authorized retail outlets nationwide.
To follow all of Sony's action on the Dew Tour:
- Twitter - follow @SonyElectronics, tweet (click here – link to be put in to our twitter)
- Facebook - check out photos, video and more at www.facebook.com/sonyelectronics
About the Dew Tour: The Dew Tour consists of five major, multi-sport events spanning across the country, with a cumulative points system, a $2.5 million competitive purse a bonus pool at year-end based on overall tour standings. The Tour features skateboarding (park and vert), BMX (park, vert and dirt) and freestyle motocross. At season's end, the overall points leaders in the five disciplines will be crowned year-end champions and awarded the prestigious Dew Cup. As part of an Alli property, key lifestyle elements complement the competitions at each Tour event including the Festival Village, specialty competitions, and live, cutting-edge music. The Dew Tour is broadcast live on NBC Sports with additional competition and lifestyle broadcasts on MTV, MTV2 and USA. The Dew Tour is also distributed on Fuel TV, Universal HD, and internationally on Eurosport 2, Fox Australia, Extreme Channel and Allarco Superchannel. The Dew Tour partners include Mountain Dew (tour title sponsor) and Nike 6.0, Wendy's and Toyota (event title sponsors). Associate partners include Ball Park, JCPenney, MATADOR by Jack Link's, Paul Mitchell, PlayStation, PowerBar, Sony and Verizon. More information can be found at www.allisports.com.
SOURCE Sony Electronics