GURUGRAM, India, July 17, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Key Findings
- The Public Sector Infrastructure Spending for Transport and Logistics Sector over the Medium Term Expenditure Framework is estimated to a total expenditure of ZAR 313.9 Billion. Capital Projects such as redevelopment of ports, expansion of the container terminals to increase the throughput capacity will support the growth of the warehousing market.
- Asian countries such as China, India, Japan and Taiwan accounted for the biggest emerging economies and are major trade partners of South Africa. Logistics industry will be driven by the continuous growth in the demand for imported goods from South Africa. Over 45% of the imports and 31% of the exports to/by South Africa are from Asian countries.
- The Cold storage market in the country is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.9% during the period 2018-2023E. Special category of products such as sterilized foods will bring about growth in the cold storage market. The growing demand for canned food, fruits and daily products are also expected to raise the demand for developing the cold storage establishments in the country.
AfCFTA (African Continental Free Trade Agreement) to Increase Intra Regional Trade: The exports and imports are expected to rise during the period 2018-2023. South Africa's demand for imports will increase from the emerging economies of India and China. Moreover, due to the participation of 49 African countries in the AfCFTA Agreement, intra-African trade is anticipated to improve in the coming years which will create more demand for logistics service over the continent.
Developments in the Cold Chain Market: The consumption of meat, canned fruits and vegetables, packaged food has risen over the years. With the growing middle class, the consumption of such goods is bound to rise in future which will drive the demand for cold storage and transportation facilities. Demand from the healthcare sector has also increased over the years for storage of vaccines and medical equipment.
Leading Manufacturer of Isotopes: In 2018, South Africa became the World's leading manufacturer and exporter of isotopes that can be used in medical diagnostics. This further improved the country's trade relations with the rest of the world.
Growth in the E Commerce Industry: Although the E Commerce industry is in the developmental stage, it is expected to generate more demand for logistics services as consumers will begin relying on mobile solutions for purchasing the daily consumables in the coming years. Parcel, Mail, Courier and Express delivery market is expected to garner the advantage and serve the growing demand for transportation of goods.
Analysts at Ken Research in their latest publication "South Africa Logistics Market Outlook to 2023 – By Sea, Land, Air Freight Forwarding; International and Domestic Freight, Integrated and Contract Logistics Freight Forwarding; By Warehousing (Industrial/ Retail, ICD/CFS, Cold Storage, Others), 3PL Warehousing, Cold Chain Market; By Express Logistics and E-commerce Logistics" believe that the Logistics market in South Africa will grow due to the growing foreign trade and infrastructural investments albeit challenges due to inadequate road, rail and port infrastructure.
Key Segments Covered
Freight Forwarding Market By
- Mode of Transport (Road Freight, Rail Freight, Sea Freight, Air Freight, Pipeline Freight )
- International and Domestic Freight (International, Domestic)
- Flow Corridor- International Corridor (Asian Countries, European Countries, Americas, Middle East Countries, African Countries)
- Type of Delivery (Express, Non Express)
- Method of Performing Services (Integrated Logistics, Contract Logistics)
Warehousing Market By
- End Users (Consumer and Retail, Food and Beverages, Automotives, Healthcare and Pharma, Others )
- Business Model (Industrial/Retail, Container Freight/Inland Container Depot, Cold Storage)
- Owned and Rented
- Regions (Johannesburg, Durban, Cape Town, Port Elizabeth, East London)
Cold Chain Market By
- Type of Market (Cold Transportation, Cold Storage)
- Application (Meat and Seafood, Fruits and Vegetables, Dairy Products, Bakery and Confectionary, Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare and Others )
- Ownership (Owned and Rented)
- Cold Storage Market Segmentation By Temperature of Storage (Ambient, Frozen, Chilled)
- Regions (Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban)
- Cold Transportation Market Segmentation By Type of Possession (Owned, Rented)
- Mode of Transportation (Land, Sea, Air)
- Location (Domestic, International)
Express Logistics Market by
- International and Domestic Express
- Type of Express (International) (Air, Ground)
- Type of Express (Domestic) (Air, Ground)
- Market Structure (B2B, B2C and C2C)
E Commerce Logistics Market by
- Delivery Time Duration (1-2 Working days, 3-5 Working days, More than 5 Working days)
Outsourced/3PL Logistics Market by
- Market Type (Freight Forwarding, Warehousing, VAS)
Key Target Audience
- Freight Forwarding Companies
- Warehousing Companies
- Cold Chain Companies
- Express Logistics Companies
- E Commerce Logistics Companies
- 3PL Companies
Time Period Captured in the Report:
- Historical Period: 2013-2018
- Forecast Period: 2019-2023E
- Imperial Logistics
- DB Schenker
- Barloworld Logistics
- DPD Laser Express Logistics
- ID Logistics
- CEVA Logistics
- City Logistics
- Cargo Carriers
- Kargo Logistics
- Vital Distribution
- ACT Logistic
- Santova Logistics
- GMA Logistics
- Kuehne Nagel
For more information on the market research report please refer to the below link:
Other Related Reports:
The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the logistics market of Saudi Arabia. The report also covers logistics infrastructure in the country, cross comparison of the market with other GCC countries, value chain analysis, industry revenue, segmentation by service mix, end users, by mode of freight, type of delivery, level of freight, owned and third party logistics, flow corridors and domestic and international companies for freight forwarding market; segmentation by business model, type of warehouses, end users, cities and ownership for warehousing market; segmentation by level of courier, type of international express, type of domestic express and business model for express logistics market; segmentation by time duration, mode of payment and location for e-commerce logistics market; segmentation by market type for third party logistics market; trade scenario in the country, trends and developments, issues and challenges, government role and regulations, SWOT analysis, recent mergers and acquisitions, competitive scenario, company profiles, strengths and weakness, heat map and directory of major players. The report concludes with market projection and analyst recommendations highlighting the major opportunities and cautions.
Philippines Logistics and Warehousing Market Outlook to 2024 - By Freight Forwarding (Air, Sea, Land), Domestic and International Freight Flow Corridor; By Warehousing (Industrial/Retail Freight, Container Freight, Cold Storage, Agriculture and Others), Express and E-commerce Logistics, Balikbayan Box, Third Party Logistics
The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the logistics market of Philippines. The report also covers logistics infrastructure in the country, value chain analysis of the market, the overall market size in terms of revenue; segmentation by service mix for logistics and warehousing market; segmentation by mode of service, mode of transport, flow corridors, mode of freight, type of delivery, owned and rented logistics services for freight forwarding market; segmentation by mode of transport, delivery type and business model for express logistics market; segmentation by channel, by time duration, by area of delivery and by payment method for e-commerce logistics market; segmentation by market for third party logistics market; segmentation by end users, domestic and international companies, business model and owned and rented warehouses for warehousing market; segmentation by seasonal demand for balikbayan box market; market drivers and trends, regulatory scenario, issues and challenges, SWOT analysis and company profiles. The report concludes with market projection for future markets described above and analyst recommendations highlighting the major opportunities and cautions.
The report covers logistics infrastructure, value chain analysis, the overall market size in terms of revenue; segmentation by service mix for logistics and warehousing market, segmentation by mode of service, mode of freight, flow corridors, end users, third party logistics and integrated logistics for freight forwarding market; segmentation by air and ground express, domestic and international shipments, delivery period, intra city and inter-city shipments, market structure, region and offshore & on-shore shipments for courier and parcel market; segmentation by delivery period for e-commerce logistics market; segmentation by service mix for third party logistics market; segmentation by business model, geography, type of warehouses, third party logistics & integrated logistics and end users for warehousing market; segmentation by cold storage & cold transport and products for cold chain market; industry norms and regulations, trends and developments, issues and challenges, recent mergers and acquisitions, matrix of major companies, competitive scenario, company profiles and cross comparison with other logistics markets. The report concludes with market projection and analyst recommendations highlighting the major opportunities and cautions for the logistics market.
Qatar Logistics and Warehousing Market Outlook to 2023 - By Sea, Land, Air Freight Forwarding; International and Domestic Freight, Integrated and Contract Logistics Freight Forwarding; By Warehousing (Industrial/ Retail, ICD/CFS, Cold Storage, Others), 3PL Warehousing; By Express Logistics and E-commerce Logistics
The report provides a comprehensive analysis of Logistics and Warehousing Market in Qatar. The report also covers the overall competitive landscape and company profiles of major Freight Forwarding, Warehousing, Express Logistics, E-Commerce Logistics, and Outsourced Logistics Companies in Qatar. The report concludes with market projections for future and analyst recommendations highlighting the major opportunities and challenges for the Qatar Logistics and Warehousing Market.
Qatar Logistics and Warehousing Market have witnessed a robust growth over the past few years owing to the increasing globalization and expanding retail & FMCG market. The country has been observed to massively spend on infrastructure along with a strong performance of oil and gas sector which led to the growth in logistics and warehousing market.
Luxembourg Logistics (Air, Sea, Road, Rail Freight (International – Import and Export, Domestic), Warehousing (Industrial/ Retail, Container Freight, Cold Storage, Others), Value Added Services, 3PL, Courier Express and Parcel, Cold Chain, Express Delivery and E-commerce Logistics) Market Outlook to 2023
The report provides a comprehensive analysis of logistics and warehousing services in Luxembourg. The report focuses on overall market size by revenue and segmentation by service mix. Luxembourg freight forwarding industry revenue and traffic volume, market segmentation by mode of transport (road freight, air freight, rail freight and sea freight), by international and domestic freight mode wise, by major flow corridors (Europe, Asia Pacific, American Countries and rest of the world) and products exported and import by each mode, by normal and express delivery, by contract logistics and integrated logistics and future outlook. The report also covers warehousing industry revenue and space and value chain analysis, market segmentation by end users (Consumer & Retail, Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare, Fruits, Vegetables, Dairy & Beverages, Automotive and Others), by Business Model (Industrial/Retail Freight, Container Freight, Cold Storage and Others) along with future outlook and technological developments. The report also covers value added services, express logistics industry, air and ground express, international and domestic express. The report also covers cold chain market segmented by cold storage and cold transport, by product type (perishable products, pharmaceutical & healthcare & others), competition and future outlook. The report provides snapshot on third party logistics market, E-commerce logistics market and CEP market.
Ankur Gupta, Head Marketing
Ken Research Private Limited
SOURCE Ken Research