GURUGRAM, India, January 9, 2019 /PRNewswire/ --
- Korea's Green Energy Policy is likely to contribute to growth in demand for lithium ion batteries through increase in supporting EV infrastructure and EV and ESS (Energy Storage System) subsidies.
- Rising production and demand for EVs expected to augment growth in the market.
- Growth in ESS sector in South Korea will also contribute to the lithium ion cell and battery market in South Korea.
Rising Demand for Electric Vehicles: Lithium ion batteries are widely used in electric vehicles and have slowly been replacing lead acid batteries. EV sales in South Korea, including EV, PHE and HEV, have been projected to grow from 121,812 units in 2018 to 423,448 units in 2022, registering a strong CAGR of 36.5% in the coming 5 years. This high demand for EVs will stem from the subsidies that the government is providing to the buyers through its own differentiated subsidy system as well as through the application avenue of Korea Environment Corporation. Adding to this is the growing infrastructure of electric vehicle charging stations and falling prices of EVs on an overall level. This expansion in demand for EVs will raise demand for lithium ion batteries, thus augmenting growth in the market.
Growth in the ESS Sector in South Korea: In 2017, KEPCO (Korea Electric Power Corporation) became the world's largest operator of ESS for frequency regulation with a total capacity of 376 MW at 13 sites across the country. South Korea is gradually making the shift towards renewable energy from fuel based energy in line with its Green Energy Policy. Future pathways under the scheme include energy reforms such as price discounts for 10 years for ESS using companies and permitting ESS trading to promote investment of KRW 40 billion in addition to intensive support for the green energy industry. This is likely to augment the market through project based demand for lithium ion batteries. Provision of both ESS consumer and ESS producer based subsidies by the government will encourage a shift on part of the industrial and commercial sectors as well. Deployment of lithium ion batteries for ESS projects such as the Ulsan project will also augment growth in the market.
Future EV Trends and Developments (Saean Motors): In CY'2017, a Korean start up, Saean Motors released Korea's first electric 3 wheeler vehicle which costs between KRW 6 million to KRW 8 million and uses either lithium ion or lithium polymer batteries. If the government subsidy of KRW 5 million per vehicle is included, the WID-U becomes much more reasonably priced. WID-U sales are expected to increase in the future due to changing demographics and the growing trend of ordering food, especially online. This is likely to lead to a rise in demand for lithium ion batteries as it is one of the major raw materials utilized in manufacturing of electric vehicles.
Analysts at Ken Research in their latest publication "South Korea Lithium Ion Cell and Battery Market Outlook to 2022 - by Type of Batteries (Li-NMC, LFP, LCO and Others), Power Capacity (0-3,000 mAh, 3,000-10,000 mAh, 10,000-60,000 mAh and More than 60,000 mAh) and Application Areas (Consumer Electronics, ESS/UPS, Automotive Sector, Industrial Sector and Others)" believe that investing in promotions and marketing of lithium ion cells and batteries and partnering with the government on ESS and EV projects can aid the companies in the lithium ion cell and battery market in South Korea.
The lithium ion cell and battery market in South Korea is expected to register a positive CAGR of 15.3% in terms of revenue during the forecast period 2018-2022. Increased reach of the government's Green Energy Policy and establishment of partnerships by companies with the government for its projects will augment the growth in the market.
For more information on the market research report, please refer to the below link:
- South Korea Lithium Ion Battery
- Global Lithium Ion Battery
- South Korea Lithium Ion Ecosystem
- Manufacturing Lithium Ion Batteries
- Lithium Ion Battery Anode Korea
- Lithium Ion Battery Cathode Korea
- Lithium Ion Battery Electrolyte Market
- Lithium Ion Battery Separator Market
- Lithium ion Materials Major Manufacturers Korea
- Cathode Major Manufacturers Korea
- Anode Major Manufacturers Korea
- Electrolyte Major Manufacturers Korea
- Separator Major Manufacturers Korea
- Lithium Ion Battery Type Korea
- Lithium Ion Battery Capacity Korea
- Lithium Ion Battery Application Korea
- Lithium Ion Consumer Electronics Korea
- Lithium Ion Battery ESS/UPS Korea
- Lithium Ion Battery Automotive Korea
- Lithium Ion Battery Industrial Korea
- Lithium Ion Battery Exports Korea
- Lithium Ion Battery Imports Korea
- Lithium Ion Cell Trends Korea
- Lithium Ion Cell Developments Korea
- Lithium Ion Cell Issues Korea
- Lithium Ion Cell Challenges Korea
- South Korea Lithium Ion Regulations
- South Korea Lithium Ion SWOT
- Lithium Ion Battery Cost Korea
- Decision Making Lithium Ion Korea
- South Korea Lithium Ion Competition
- EV Segment Asian Players Korea
- South Korea Lithium Ion Company
- South Korea Lithium Ion Future
- South Korea Green Energy Policy
- Lithium Ion Recommendations Korea
Key Segments Covered
- Market Segmentation
- By Battery Type (Lithium Nickel Manganese Cobalt Oxide, Lithium Iron Phosphate, Lithium Cobalt Oxide and Others)
- By Power Capacity (0-3000 mAh, 3000-10,000 mAh, 10,000-60,000 mAh and More than 60,000 mAh)
- By Application Areas (Consumer Electronics, ESS/UPS, Automotive Sector, Industrial Sector, and Others)
Key Target Audience
- Manufacturers of Batteries
- Distributors of Batteries
- Battery Assemblers
- Telecom Companies
- Manufacturers of Electric Vehicles
- Consumer Electronics Manufacturers
- Importers of Batteries
- Governmental Departments
Time Period Captured in the Report:
- Historical Period - 2012-2017
- Forecast Period - 2018-2022
- Samsung SDI Company Limited
- LG Chem Limited
- SK Innovation Company Limited
- Kokam Company Limited
- Enertech International, Inc.
China Lithium Ion Battery Market Outlook To 2022 - By Application (Consumer Electronics, Power Storage And Energy Storage), By Type (Ternary, Lithium-Ion Phosphate, Lithium Manganese Oxide And Others), By Shape (Square Shaped, Cylindrical And Soft Pack Battery)
The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the Lithium Ion Battery market in China. The report focuses on overall market size for lithium-ion battery market in China, market segmentation by application (Consumer Electronics, Power Storage and Energy Storage), by type of battery (Ternary, Lithium-Ion Phosphate, Lithium Manganese Oxide and Others), by shape of battery (Square Shaped, Cylindrical and Soft Pack Battery). The report also covers the overall trade scenario, SWOT, decision making process, competitive landscape and growth drivers and trends and government role and regulations. The report concludes with market projection for future market described above and analyst recommendations highlighting the major opportunities and cautions for the China Lithium-ion Battery market.
India Lithium Ion Cell and Battery Market Outlook to 2023 - by Type of Battery (LFP, NMC, LCO, MCA and Others), By Application (Consumer Appliances, Telecom Towers and Services, Industrial Application, Automotive and Others) and By Power Capacity
The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the Lithium Ion Cell and Battery market in India. The report focuses on the Type of Battery, Area of Application and Power capacity of the batteries. The report also covers Investment Model, SWOT Analysis, Trends and Development, Issues and Challenges, Competition Scenario, Decision making process and the Future outlook of the Lithium Ion Cell and Battery Market.
Ken Research Pvt Ltd, Head Marketing
SOURCE Ken Research