NEW YORK, Jan. 7 /PRNewswire/ -- Southridge Investment Group ("SIG") (www.southridgegroup.com), an affiliate of Southridge LLC (www.southridgellc.com), has established a full service independent institutional research platform that offers unbiased, proprietary, fundamental equity research across all market capitalizations. The team of analysts is known as the Southridge Research Group ("SRG"). Each analyst produces equity research through their own established LLC to maintain research independence. SRG also offers institutional trading capabilities through a team of professionals with extensive relationships and industry networks.
"Fundamental research means concentrating on what drives investment decisions. Our goal is to present our findings and conclusions clearly, concisely and to provide a balanced assessment of opportunities and risks," said Jack Murphy, founder and Managing Director of Southridge Research Group LLC.
The knowledgeable and experienced team includes:
- Jack Murphy, Director of Southridge Research Group, has more than 25 years of global financial services experience and diverse expertise in fundamental and quantitative research in areas such as derivatives, risk arbitrage, long/short equity and special situations. Previously, Mr. Murphy has held various senior managing director level positions at C.J. Lawrence, Deutsche Bank, Raymond James and Soleil Securities.
- Richard C. Nelson, the Director of Research and Senior Special Situations Analyst for Southridge Research Group, has served as an equity research analyst and convertible securities specialist for Kidder, Peabody & Co. and Lehman Brothers where he gained recognition by the Greenwich Survey and Institutional Investor magazine. In addition to his research background, Mr. Nelson served in a capital markets capacity for convertible securities at Furman Selz, ING and Morgan Joseph & Co. and headed the equity, convertible and high yield research division for J. Giordano Securities.
- Rick Black, Senior Telecommunications Analyst for Southridge through Clear Insights LLC., has over 15 year experience with leading industry firms such as Lehman Brothers, Lowenbaum & Company, Salomon Smith Barney, Prudential Securities and Blaylock & Partners. Covering the telecommunications industry, particularly regional Bell Operating Companies, Mr. Black combines detailed expertise and an established contact network, providing competitive insights to the Southridge Research Group.
- Bob Richard, Senior Steel Analyst for Southridge through Iron Edge Research LLC, covering the steel and steel related industries, joins Southridge from Longbow Research, where he served as Senior Steel Industry Analyst. Prior to Longbow, Bob spent over fifteen years in the industry, working for U.S. Steel, LTV, ISG, and Arcelor Mittal in various operational, financial, and metallurgical positions.
- Nehal Chokshi, Senior Technology Analyst for Southridge through Technology Insights Research LLC, provides fundamental analysis on the technology and technology hardware industry and joins the firm from Thomas Weisel Partners. Mr. Chokshi has over 12 years of combined technology industry and sell-side equity research experience spanning the technology subsectors of IT hardware, semi-conductors and semiconductor capital equipment. Mr. Chokshi began his career at JDS Uniphase.
- Lee Schroder, Director of Trading for the Southridge Institutional Trading Desk is responsible for agency trading on behalf of clients, developing customized strategies based on client specific needs and enhancing overall SRG client relationships through the equity research platform. Mr. Schroder has over 20 years experience in the financial industry ranging from derivatives, risk arbitrage, long/short equity and special situations. Previously, Mr. Schroder spent several years at RBC Capital Markets with the merger arbitrage and derivatives group. Mr. Schroder received his BA from the University of Delaware, and holds FINRA Series 7,63, & 55 securities licenses.
The group's senior analysts will focus on:
- Due diligence, visiting companies and meeting with key operating and financial management.
- Dialogue with customers, suppliers, and competitors through extensive channel checks while focusing on the fundamentals.
- In depth industry knowledge, long-standing relationships, and broad analytical views to provide concise investment insights on the companies they research and respective industry groups.
- Independent multi-layered analysis that delivers a research product that is truly objective and unbiased.
"SRG will deliver independent, multi-layered analysis in a research product that is truly objective and unbiased. SRG compliments the full array of trading capabilities that Southridge Investment Group offers to both institutional and individual investors," added Mr. Murphy.
About Southridge Investment Group ("SIG")
Southridge Investment Group LLC is a full service registered broker-dealer and investment banking firm. The investment banking practice focuses on the sponsorship needs of small, medium and emerging growth companies as well as the needs of both institutional and individual investors interested in that segment of the market. The firm offers a full range of corporate finance services, including underwritings, M & A, financial advisory, valuations and private placements. For more information on Southridge Equity Research please visit www.southridgeresearch.com.
About Southridge LLC
Southridge LLC is a diversified financial holding company offering a wide range of products and services, including Fund Management, Investment Banking, Merchant Banking, Wealth Management and Business Solutions. For more information please visit www.southridgellc.com.
SOURCE Southridge LLC