NORTH CANTON, Ohio, June 21 /PRNewswire/ -- The American Camp Association (ACA) reports that 10 million children attend camp annually. With that number and over 12,000 camps nationwide, BioTech Medical, LLC knows the importance of keeping your kids safe and healthy while they are at camp. Flu viruses and infectious diseases spread quickly in camps due to close contact with other campers, infected touch surfaces and sharing between campers. SpectraSan 24 is an EPA-registered broad-spectrum disinfectant that prevents the spread of bacterial infections, viruses and fungal transmission that inhabit hard, non-porous surfaces. Since SpectraSan 24's SDC patented technology continually kills germs for 24 hours, it is the obvious choice when trying to prevent the spread of communicable diseases and illnesses.
Unlike traditional alcohol or bleach-based surface disinfectants, SpectraSan 24 requires no hazard or warning statements and boasts bacterial kill times as quick as 30 seconds, compared with 10 minutes for competing products. These benefits are due to SpectraSan 24's SDC technology, the first new disinfectant active ingredient to be registered with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in more than 30 years. SpectraSan 24 even provides powerful protection against Norovirus, Influenza A (H1N1), SARS, HIV and antibiotic-resistant pathogens such as MRSA, CA-MRSA, and VRE. It continues to kill bacteria for up to 24 hours after usage yet holds the EPA's Category IV toxicity rating, the lowest classification available. Furthermore, SpectraSan 24 is labeled specifically for use in childcare environments.
In addition to treating touch surfaces with SpectraSan 24 disinfectant, the SpectraSan team has compiled the following tips to help prevent illness and keep campers healthy and safe:
- Practice good hand hygiene by washing hands frequently and in a thorough manner with soap and warm water. When soap and warm water are not available, use an antimicrobial or antiseptic hand sanitizer.
- Shower with hot water and wash with liquid antibacterial or antimicrobial hand soap (NOT BAR SOAP) following all activities, including practice, competition, and strength and conditioning sessions.
- DO NOT share towels, equipment, clothing, razors, or bar soap.
- Place dirty clothes and towels in a separate bag, not in backpacks or sports bags with clean clothing/items.
- Wash and dry clothes and towels on the hottest setting possible. Make sure all fabrics are completely dry before removing from the dryer.
- Use a barrier (clothing or towel) between your skin and equipment that must be shared.
- Disinfect all surfaces and equipment using SpectraSan 24 before and after use.
- Clean and properly cover any open wounds such as turf burns, abrasions, lacerations, cuts, etc.
- Maintain clean facilities and equipment.
Visit www.SpectraSan.com to learn more about the first new patented disinfectant technology to arrive in more than 30 years. It kills germs faster than traditional disinfectants, is formulated specifically for childcare environments, and provides peace-of-mind residual protection.
About BioTech Medical, LLC
BioTech Medical, LLC is a North Canton, Ohio based division of privately held SCI, a leading international marketing company. SCI distributes hundreds of diversified products around the world and has established its success through product innovation and multi-channel marketing. BioTech Medical's multiple business segments are each focused on the distribution of innovative healthcare products, including the SDC-based SpectraSan 24 and Cruise Control hard surface disinfectants, and SpectraSan Water PURE, a revolutionary and new water purification product sold outside the United States. For more information, please visit www.spectrasan.com.
CONTACT: Lauren Capo
SOURCE BioTech Medical, LLC