TAICHUNG, Taiwan, June 28, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --Siliconware Precision Industries Co., Ltd . ("SPIL" or "the Company") (Taiwan Stock Exchange:2325.TT, NASDAQ: SPIL) today held a shareholders' meeting, at which the shareholders approved the proposal for distribution of 2016 profits.
The major conclusions of this shareholders' meeting are as follows:
1. Shareholders approved the 2016 Business Report and Financial Statements. Consolidated revenue for 2016 was NT$ 85,111,913 thousand, and net income was NT$ 9,933,160 thousand with diluted EPS of NT$ 2.68 per share.
2. Shareholders approved a proposal for distribution of 2016 profits: A cash dividend of NT$ 1.75 per share will be distributed to the common shareholders.
3. Shareholders approved to amend the Company's " Procedures for the Acquisition and Disposal of Assets".
4. Shareholders approved to elect nine Directors, of which three are Independent Directors. Name and resume as below:
Mr. Bough Lin: Chairman of SPIL
Mr. Chi-Wen Tsai: Vice Chairman and President of SPIL.
Mr. Wen-Lung Lin: Director of SPIL and Chairman of Ku Ming Investment Co.
Mr. Yen-Chun Chang: Director of SPIL and Senior Vice President of SPIL.
Mr. Randy Hsiao-Yu Lo: Director of SPIL and President of Siliconware USA, Inc.
Yang Fong Investment Co., Ltd: Director of SPIL
Mr. John Hsuan: Independent director of SPIL, Vice Chairman of United Microelectronics Corporation (UMC), Chairman of Faraday Technology Inc.
Mr. Tsai-Ding Lin: Independent director of SPIL, Professor of Department of International Business, Tunghai University
Mr. William W. Sheng: Independent director of SPIL, Professor of Department of Public Finance and Taxation of National Taichung of Science and Technology.
5. Shareholders approved to release the restriction of competition on newly-elected Directors.
Siliconware Precision Industries Co., Ltd.
No. 123, Sec. 3, Da Fong Rd., Tantzu,
Taichung, Taiwan 42749
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/spil-shareholders-approve-nt-175-cash-dividend-300481061.html
SOURCE Siliconware Precision Industries Co., Ltd.