SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 25 /PRNewswire/ -- Splunk, the IT Search company, today announced record results for the fourth quarter and the year ending December 31, 2009. In Q4 2009 Splunk added 250 new customers including 105 internationally. For the full year, Splunk achieved year-over-year growth of 125% and added 650 new customers, increasing the total to over 1,600 customers in 67 countries.
"In the face of a challenging economic climate, Splunk experienced tremendous growth across all industries and geographies in 2009. This growth is the result of new customer acquisitions and existing customer expansions, driven by the rapid market acceptance of our Splunk 4 product release," said Godfrey Sullivan, president and CEO of Splunk. "In 2010 we'll continue to invest in innovation that helps our customers gain value from their IT data and better manage, secure and audit their IT infrastructures."
Growth in Q4 was distributed across all geographies and market sectors. In the Americas, Splunk added 145 new customers including Cox Communications, Major League Baseball and Coventry Health. International customer wins included the European Union (EU) Council in Belgium, Commerce Bank in Switzerland, Zain Telecom in Kuwait and Telstra, the leading telco in Australia. The Federal sector customers included NASA, the Department of Energy and key DoD agencies.
Splunk's continued growth also extended to its management team. In Q4 Tom Schodorf joined the company as senior vice president of Worldwide Field Operations. Schodorf's experience spans the past 26 years and includes domestic and international positions at BMC Software and IBM.
Key Q4 Accomplishments:
- Best quarter in company history, with 250 new customers
- Added 23 new government agencies - bringing the total count to 183
- Added 8 new education customers - bringing the total count to 125
- Honored by Windows IT Pro® magazine with the "2009 Editor's Best Award" in the Best Interoperability Product Category
- Validated by the SANS Institute to address security "Top 20 Critical Controls"
Key 2009 Accomplishments:
- Year-over-year bookings growth of 125%
- 650 new customers in 2009, with a total customer count exceeding 1600
- Released Splunk 4.0: re-architected for enterprise performance, scale and usability
- Named one of the "Best Places to Work" by the San Francisco Business Times
- Achieved profitability in Q3 and Q4, ahead of projections
- Industry recognition including: Best of Interop (Japan); Systems Management Product of the Year (Search Data Center/TechTarget); Winner Best Integrated Security Solution and Top-rated review by SC Magazine
- Added 7 strategic partners: GlassHouse; VMware; Forsythe; NTT Data, Macnica Networks and CTC Itochu in Japan; and Blue Coat Systems
- 40 customers in the Fortune 100; 96 customers in the Fortune 500
Splunk is the IT Search company radically changing the way organizations manage and secure their IT infrastructures. Only Splunk lets you search, alert, report and analyze data from all your applications, servers and network devices in real time to troubleshoot problems, investigate security incidents and report on compliance controls in minutes instead of hours or days. Over 1,600 enterprises, service providers and government organizations in 67 countries use Splunk to realize new levels of service quality, reduce IT operations costs and mitigate security risks in record time. The world's leading technology providers and over 50 system integrator, value-added reseller and managed service provider partners are driving new business and fueling their offerings with Splunk. Download your own free copy of Splunk today at www.splunk.com/download