BOSTON, Jan. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sports Club/LA, a pioneer in health club industry experiences, lays claim to many industry "firsts." The first to offer coed, group exercise and yoga classes. The first to provide private training and nutritional services from registered dieticians. And, the first to introduce dance-based exercise, boxing and kickboxing into mainstream fitness.
Now, the New Year marks another first for Sports Club/LA. The opening of its signature jewel box health club concept – a blend of cutting-edge technology; sustainable, state-of-the-art architecture, and an overall environment designed from the ground up to create an unrivaled sensory, fitness experience. The Club, located just outside of Boston in Chestnut Hill, is set to open mid-February.
"Every aspect of the Club's design is intentionally constructed to create a full sensory experience that is grounded, healthy and motivating," remarked Smaiyra M. Million, CEO, Millennium Partners Sports Club Management. "We are thrilled to expand our footprint by bringing this new concept to the Chestnut Hill community."
What Gems can be found in the Jewel Box?
The Chestnut Hill Club preserves what makes the Sports Club/LA lifestyle brand so special – beauty, energy and most importantly, community. It captures the essence of the Company's existing large-scale, multi-purpose Clubs and translates that experience to create a place where Members' lives are enhanced daily. The property will feature numerous five-star amenities coupled with advanced technology. Highlights include:
- Unparalleled Sensory Experience: It begins with a welcoming two-sided, floating fireplace that anchors the feeling of warmth and community at the Club. The design path intentionally takes Members through a multi-sensory, modern Member lounge set in a changing high-tech environment that flows into spacious locker rooms. Here, Members find integrated access to pristine saunas and salt-infused steam rooms to reduce muscle tension. Every aspect designed to evoke a sense of ease and community.
- Technology Intersects Innovation: REV™cycling studio unlike any other indoor cycling experience. A fully integrated, multi-media indoor ride available only at the Chestnut Hill Club. A glass-enclosed studio features 40 top-of-the-line bikes with heart rate monitors, simulated rides, races and tours all brilliantly projected on a panoramic screen previously only available in IMAX-equipped theaters. Led by industry-expert instructors, the entire experience is further enhanced courtesy of a one-of-a-kind parabolic lit ceiling that creates lighting effects to compliment the energy of the class.
- Exclusive Access to Equipment: Precor® Priva fitness experience. Essentially a fitness co-pilot that allows Members to set weekly goals based on calorie burn, distance or workout duration. Tracks progress to goals, saves favorite workouts for replay and enables remote access to workouts from anywhere in the world from networked Precor® 880 cardio line equipment.
- Endless, Diverse Fitness Options: Over 80 weekly group exercise classes. Stunning, sunlit Yoga and Pilates studios. A high-tech Keiser System used by professional athletes to focus on core stabilization through resistance weight training. Dedicated functional movement areas complete with state-of-the-art equipment such as smart cardiovascular equipment with 22-inch screens and digital tracking of Member workouts. Eighty-foot, two lane strips of indoor Astroturf specialty lanes for high-performance sports and movement training.
- Continuum of Convenience, Community and Sustainability: Digital on-boarding, check in and guest passes. iPads loaded with class schedules, trainer bios, club happenings and a proprietary App that provides one click access to workouts. Beautiful, serene communal spaces with complimentary Wi-Fi, a specialty retail experience and a juice bar featuring locally sourced organic options.
- Award-winning Childcare: For Kids Only childcare program with an under-the-sea theme painted by local non-profit, Artists for Humanity and interactive touchpad wall using Microsoft surface, bringing award-winning, enrichment programs to children.
About Millennium Partners Sports Club Management LLC:
MILLENNIUM PARTNERS SPORTS CLUB MANAGEMENT LLC IS AN OPERATOR OF SEVEN PREMIER HEALTH CLUBS COMMITTED TO HELPING MEMBERS ACHIEVE THEIR HEALTH AND WELLNESS GOALS BY PROVIDING AN EXTENSIVE RANGE OF AMENITIES AND PROGRAMS, AS WELL AS ACCESS TO HIGHLY EXPERIENCED FITNESS PROFESSIONALS, ALL WITHIN STATE-OF-THE-ART FACILITIES OF UNPARALLELED SIZE. WITH LOCATIONS IN NEW YORK, BOSTON, CHESTNUT HILL, WASHINGTON D.C., MIAMI, AND SAN FRANCISCO, THE CLUBS OFFER MEMBERS THE ULTIMATE HEALTH RESOURCE. ADDING TO THE NUMEROUS OPTIONS AT SPORTS CLUB/LA LOCATIONS, THE SPA DELIVERS RESULTS-ORIENTED TREATMENTS IN A WAY THAT PERFECTLY COMPLEMENTS EVERY VISIT TO THE CLUB. FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE VISIT THE COMPANY'S WEBSITE AT WWW.SPORTSCLUBLA.COM.
SOURCE Sports Club/LA