SAN FRANCISCO, January 17, 2019 /PRNewswire/ --
The global sports nutrition market size is expected to reach USD 24.43 billion by 2025, expanding at a CAGR 9.7% over a forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is majorly driven by growing demand for these products among sportsperson and athletes, rising consumer awareness, and increasing number of gyms and health & fitness centers across the globe that are involved in marketing of these nutritional products.
Increasing number of research activities in the field and new product launches are some of the major factors contributing to market growth. Presence of large market players is facilitating widespread product availability, which in turn is likely to stir up the demand for these products. For instance, in 2018, Amazon launched a private label sports supplement brand called OWN PWR for U.S. consumers. Glanbia Plc; Hormel Foods Corporation; General Nutrition Centers, Inc.; and Abbott are the major competitors operating in this market.
Growing consumer base, rapid pace of urbanization, and increasing disposable income of households are among the key trends escalating the growth of the market. Furthermore, widening base of health conscious population, rising incidence of sedentary diseases, and favorable government initiatives towards health promotion are anticipated to foster the growth of the market over the coming years.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Sports Nutrition Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Drinks, Supplements, Foods), By Distribution Channel (E-Commerce, Brick & Mortar), By Region, and Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/sports-nutrition-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- The sports supplements segment is expected to experience the fastest CAGR of 10.5% over the forecast period owing to increasing health awareness among population and trend of self-diagnosis
- In 2017, bricks and mortar accounted for the largest revenue share in terms of distribution channel. However, e-commerce is poised to exhibit a lucrative CAGR of 12.4% over the forecast period
- North America represented the leading revenue share in 2017 owing to a large number of gyms and health & fitness centers and favorable initiatives encouraging sports participation
- Asia Pacific is projected to witness the highest CAGR of 13.0% over the forecast period
- The market is fairly competitive in nature with presence of key players including Glanbia Plc; Hormel Foods Corporation; General Nutrition Centers, Inc.; Abbott and Cardiff Sports Nutrition LTD; Nature's Bounty; POST HOLDINGS, INC.; and Clif Bar & Company.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Protein Expression Market - The global protein expression market size was estimated at USD 1.2 billion in 2016.
- Nanomedicine Market - The global nanomedicine market size was estimated at USD 138.8 billion in 2016.
- Rat Model Market - The global rat model market size was valued at USD 412.3 million in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.3% over the forecast period.
- Medical Foods Market - The global medical foods market size was valued at USD 12.3 billion in 2015 and is expected to grow with a CAGR of 6.9% over the forecast period.
Grand View Research has segmented the global sports nutrition market on the basis of product, distribution channel, and region:
- Sports Nutrition Product Outlook, (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Sports Drink
- Sports Supplements
- Sports Foods
- Sports Nutrition Distribution Channel Outlook, (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Bricks and mortar
- Sports Nutrition Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- New Zealand
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- North America
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.