MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Jan. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Omnicell, Inc. (NASDAQ:OMCL), a leading provider of medication and supply management solutions and analytics software for healthcare facilities, today announced that Springhill Medical Center selected Omnicell as its exclusive provider for medication management solutions throughout its 252-bed hospital in Mobile, AL. In addition to transitioning to Omnicell's automated medication solutions, Springhill is also using the industry-leading Pandora® business analytics solutions from Omnicell. Prior to installing Pandora, Springhill was utilizing a much more labor intensive method of managing their healthcare data.
As the leading, family owned medical center in its region, Springhill Medical Center is committed to using state-of-the-art technology. As such, Springhill selected Omnicell's G4 platform for its forward-thinking approach to managing pharmacy and nursing workflow. For example, the Omnicell G4 platform offers improved interoperability with the hospital's electronic health record (EHR) system. In addition, Omnicell's Anywhere RN™ remote medication management system allows nursing staff to remotely access Omnicell cabinets from virtually anywhere in the patient care area, increasing time spent at the bedside and helping to improve patient satisfaction.
"In order to be Mobile's best health care provider, Springhill recognizes the need to implement the most modern and efficient technologies," said Jeff St. Clair, President and CEO, Springhill Medical Center. "In our competitive review of medication automation systems, we found that Omnicell's advanced technology is unparalleled in the market. Omnicell's interoperability, user-friendly interface and forward-thinking approach to medication management set them apart in our search. We believe the move to Omnicell will provide us with the medication automation tools needed to continue to build our reputation as a leading medical center."
Springhill is implementing the following Omnicell solutions:
- OmniRx® G4 Automated Medication Dispensing Cabinets (ADCs), including the integrated Medication Label Printer that allows nurses to print patient-specific labels right from the ADC during medication issue. The ADCs, which are used throughout the nursing floors, also include the Touch & Go™ G4 biometric ID system, designed with state-of-the-art biometric technology to improve efficiency and security.
- Anywhere RN™ offers nurses a flexible approach to the medication administration process designed to positively impact nursing workflow and patient safety. It is a web-based application designed specifically for nurses that provides real-time remote access to the Omnicell cabinet from virtually any computer or workstation in the patient care area.
- Pandora® Analytics provides insight into clinical operations, helping to identify potential diversion, ensure compliance and monitor nursing processes such as medication administration.
"Springhill Medical Center is an exceptional facility where patients can expect to receive an outstanding level of care," said J. Christopher Drew, executive vice president, field operations. "Omnicell is proud to begin our relationship with this hospital, and shares in Springhill's mission to provide clinicians with the technologies they need to provide state-of-the-art patient care. We are excited to continue to provide them with the advanced solutions needed to successfully manage medications and provide an optimal environment for both patients and their providers."
About Springhill Medical Center
Springhill Medical Center is a 252-bed, privately owned facility offering a comprehensive medical-surgical hospital with all private rooms. Springhill serves the residents of Mobile and the greater southwest Alabama region and offers a complete range of acute and outpatient care. Since 1975, the hospital has more than quadrupled in size while investing in its clinical and operational infrastructure. Physician-founded and inspired, Springhill strives to grow better, not just bigger. For more information, please visit www.springhillmedicalcenter.com.
For over 20 years the mission of Omnicell (NASDAQ: OMCL) has been creating new efficiencies to improve patient care, anywhere it is delivered. Omnicell is a leading supplier of comprehensive automation and business analytics software solutions for patient-centric medication and supply management across the entire healthcare continuum, from the acute care hospital setting to post-acute skilled nursing and long-term care facilities to the home.
Since 1992, more than 2,600 Acute Care customers worldwide have utilized Omnicell's medication automation, supply chain and analytics solutions to increase operational efficiency, reduce errors, deliver actionable intelligence and improve patient safety. Omnicell Non-Acute Care solutions, including its MTS Medication Technologies brand, provide innovative medication adherence packaging solutions that can reduce costly hospital readmissions and enable approximately 6,000 institutional and retail pharmacies worldwide to maintain high accuracy and quality standards in medication dispensing and administration while optimizing productivity and controlling costs.
For more information about Omnicell, Inc. please visit www.omnicell.com.
OMCL - G
- All Omnicell news releases (financial, acquisitions, products, technology etc.) are issued exclusively by PR Newswire and are immediately thereafter posted on the company's external website, omnicell.com.
- Omnicell and the Omnicell logo design are registered trademarks of Omnicell, Inc. OptiFlex is a trademark of Omnicell, Inc.
- All other brand or product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
SOURCE Omnicell, Inc.