LOS ANGELES, Aug. 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in the Americas, has announced its lineup for Penny Arcade Expo (PAX Prime), set to take place at the Seattle Washington State Convention & Trade Center from August 26–28.
PAX Prime attendees will be able to preview and play the following Square Enix titles at booth 3646:
- DEAD ISLAND™ – In Deep Silver's hotly anticipated action title arriving at retailers September 6, the lush island paradise of Banoi truly is a holiday destination with everything – including a lethal zombie outbreak.
- DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION™ – The critically acclaimed and award winning release from Eidos Montreal will be available at North American retailers tomorrow! PAX attendees are invited to experience the game rated at 94 percent by PC Gamer, as well as attend a premier community event.
- FINAL FANTASY® XIII-2 – Serah and Noel are desperately searching for Lightning in the next installment from Square Enix's all-star production team.
- HEROES OF RUIN™ – The Nintendo 3DS™ becomes the backdrop for a deeply social adventure featuring a band of unlikely heroes.
- WAKFU® – Discover the vibrant world of WAKFU, the latest MMORPG from Ankama Studios. With 14 different classes to choose from, in WAKFU, everything depends on you! A new class will be unveiled exclusively for PAX attendees.
In addition to getting hands-on with the games, PAX attendees will be the first to see Square Enix and Airtight Games globally reveal a top-secret joint project through their exclusive panel. Meet the development team, including Creative Director Kim Swift (PORTAL™, Left 4 Dead® 1, Left 4 Dead 2) and the rest of the Airtight Games team, and hear their explanation of how they are bringing an incredibly fascinating and quirky game to life. The panel will be held on Saturday, August 27 at 7:00 p.m. in the Pegasus Room.
PAX Prime attendees are also invited to take part in community events devoted to DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION and FINAL FANTASY XIII-2:
- Friday, August 26, 7:00 p.m.–10:00 p.m.: DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION partners with AMD, machinima.com, and OnLive® to celebrate the official release of the newest installment of the DEUS EX series! Attendees of the launch party at the Diller Room (1224 First Avenue, Seattle, WA) will be treated to food and drink, a playable AMD Eyefinity three-screen demo station, as well as exclusive swag and premium prizes. More details of the event to be followed.
- August 26–28 (All day at booth 3646): FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 "Word to Your Moogle" tour will embark on its second stop at PAX Prime, where fans can enter to win event exclusive prizes. The leaderboard and official contest rules can be found at www.wordtoyourmoogle.com.
DEAD ISLAND and DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION are rated M (Mature). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings.
About Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix Group. The Square Enix Group operates a global network of leading development studios and boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property, including: FINAL FANTASY, which has sold over 100 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 58 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 35 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at http://www.square-enix.com/na/.
DEUS EX, DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION, DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, FINAL FANTASY, HEROES OF RUIN, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, TAITO and TOMB RAIDER are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix Group. DEAD ISLAND is a trademark of Deep Silver, Inc. WAKFU is a registered trademark of Ankama. LEFT 4 DEAD and PORTAL are registered trademarks or trademarks of Valve Corporation. OnLive is a registered trademark of OnLive, Inc. AMD is a registered trademark of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
SOURCE Square Enix, Inc.