NEW YORK, Dec. 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- StartUp Health is organizing and supporting a global army of Health Transformers to achieve 10 Health Moonshots with a 25-year mission to improve the health and wellbeing of everyone in the world. StartUp Health will march its growing army -- its largest ever -- to San Francisco on January 9th and 10th for the fifth straight year to participate in the StartUp Health Festival, which takes place during the 35th Annual JP Morgan Healthcare Conference.
More than 2,000 of the most inspiring Health Transformers, entrepreneurs, innovators, and investors from around the world will convene for this one-of-a-kind experience, taking place at the StartUp Health Cafe near Union Square in Francisco, CA. The two-day Festival is a unique opportunity for Health Transformers to collaborate on ten of the most critical Health Moonshots essential to improving global health:
- Access to Care Moonshots: Deliver quality care to everyone, regardless of location or income
- Cost to Zero Moonshots: Radically reduce the cost of care by a factor of a million
- Cure Disease Moonshots: Cure disease, including rare and chronic disease, using data, tech and personalized medicine
- Cancer Moonshots: End cancer as we know it
- Women's Health Moonshots: Prioritize women's health, including preventive care and new research
- Children's Health Moonshots: Ensure every child has access to quality care, particularly in underserved areas
- Nutrition and Fitness Moonshots: Ensure everyone has access to safe food and water and leads a healthy and active lifestyle
- Brain Health Moonshots: Unlock the mysteries of the brain to improve health
- Mental Health Moonshots: De-stigmatize mental health and connect mind, body and spirit
- Longevity Moonshots: Add 50 healthy years to every human life
"The StartUp Health Festival is a super-charged experience for Health Transformers and changemakers who believe exponential progress is possible and who are committed to collaborating," said StartUp Health CEO and co-founder Steven Krein. "By organizing a global army of Health Transformers working together on achieving Health Moonshots, we aim to make 100 years of progress in 25 years."
In addition to nearly 200 Health Transformers from StartUp Health companies, some of the participating industry leaders include:
- Jonathan Bush, CEO, athenahealth
- Steven Corwin, MD, President & CEO, NY-Presbyterian Hospital
- Toby Cosgrove, MD, CEO & President, Cleveland Clinic
- Esther Dyson, Executive Founder, Way to Wellville
- David Feinberg, MD, CEO, Geisinger Health
- Clark Golestani, CIO, Merck
- Jena Hausmann, CEO, Children's Hospital Colorado
- James Hereford, CEO, Fairview Health
- Vinod Khosla, Founding Partner, Khosla Ventures
- David Kirkpatrick, Chief Techonomist, Techonomy
- Amy Landucci, Global Head Digital Medicines Lead, Novartis
- Bill McDermott, CEO, SAP
- Steven Nelson, VP Corporate Strategy & Planning, Anthem
- Mike Pellini, MD, CEO, Foundation Medicine
- Gil Peri, SVP & CSO, Children's Hospital of Colorado
- Arthur M. Southam, MD, EVP Health Plan Operations, Kaiser Permanente
- Wendy Sue Swanson, MD, Executive Director of Digital Health, Seattle Children's Hospital
- J. Craig Venter, PhD, Co-Founder, Executive Chairman & CEO, Human Longevity, Inc.
- James Wall, MD, Pediatric Surgeon, Stanford Children's Health
- David Werry, VP & Head of Consumer Health Products, Aetna
- Richard Zane, MD, CIO, UCHealth
"Something magical happens when you bring together a group of entrepreneurs and leaders all passionate about transforming health, wellness and healthcare," said Unity Stoakes, President and co-founder of StartUp Health. "That's why StartUp Health is organizing a generation of Health Transformers with bold dreams who are committed to achieving Moonshot challenges many still believe can never be conquered."
"If you really want to change the world, you change people's lives, inside and out, spiritually and physically," said Jerry Levin, Chairman of StartUp Health. "That's the broadest definition possible of society's health -- the world's health -- and this change can only come from the moonshot mindset of entrepreneurial innovation."
"Over the past five years, we've organized thousands of entrepreneurs, innovators and organizations committed to transforming health," Krein added. "In addition to rapidly growing this global force, StartUp Health and our partners have made a long-term commitment and are investing in seeing these 10 Health Moonshots to fruition. There's no end until our mission of improving global health is accomplished."
More about the StartUp Health Festival
The 2017 StartUp Health Festival features a deal-making salon for Health Transformers to collaborate with investors and partners, and includes two days of Fireside Chats with some of the most accomplished and inspiring health leaders and entrepreneurs today.
In addition to ongoing programming and networking opportunities, StartUp Health Festival's Lead Innovation Partner, Accenture, will be announcing the winners of the Accenture HealthTech Innovation Challenge followed by an awards ceremony and party on Monday, January 9th. Also, StartUp Health will also be co-hosting a StartUp Health Showcase and cocktail reception with athenahealth on Tuesday, January 10th to close out the 2017 StartUp Health Festival.
This year's StartUp Health Festival partners and sponsors include Accenture, AARP Market Innovation, athenahealth, Bayer Grants4Apps, California Health Care Foundation, DaVita Inc., DLA Piper LLP (US), Genentech, Impact Pediatric Health, Janssen, NGP, Silicon Valley Bank, Takeda Pharmaceuticals, Uber and Ziegler.
To learn more, please visit www.startuphealth.com/festival. If your organization would like to support the 2017 StartUp Health Festival or become part of StartUp Health's global army of Health Transformers, please start by sharing your moonshot story at www.startuphealth.com.
About StartUp Health
In 2011, StartUp Health introduced a new model for transforming health by organizing and supporting a global army of entrepreneurs called Health Transformers. StartUp Health is investing in 10 Health Moonshots with the long-term goal of improving the health and wellbeing of everyone in the world. With the world's largest digital health portfolio (more than 175 companies spanning 5 continents, 16 countries and 60+ cities), StartUp Health's long-term platform for entrepreneurs includes the StartUp Health Academy, StartUp Health Network, StartUp Health Media and StartUp Health Ventures. StartUp Health was founded by Steven Krein and Unity Stoakes and is chaired by former Time Warner CEO, Jerry Levin. StartUp Health's notable strategic partners and investors include AARP, Aurora Health Care, California Health Care Foundation, Children's Hospital Colorado, University of Colorado, UCHealth, Steve Case, Mark Cuban, Esther Dyson, Brad Feld, Genentech, GE Ventures, Janssen Research & Development, LLC., Kaiser Permanente Ventures, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and SeventySix Capital. Learn more at www.startuphealth.com.
King + Company PR
SOURCE StartUp Health