SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 3, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Edge computing leaders from State of the Edge and Edge Computing World announce the First Annual Edge Woman of the Year Award 2019 top ten finalists. The Edge Woman of the Year 2019 nominees reflects a group of qualified industry leaders in roles that are impacting the direction of their organization's strategy, technology or communications around edge computing, edge software, edge infrastructure or edge systems. The "Top Ten Women in Edge" finalists were chosen by the organizers. The final winner will be chosen by a panel of industry judges to be announced and presented with a trophy at the Edge Computing World hosted in Silicon Valley from December 9-12, 2019.
The Edge Woman of the Year Award 2019 was created as part of an industry commitment to highlight the growing importance of the contributions and accomplishments of women in edge computing. The award will be presented annually at the Edge Computing World event which gathers the whole edge computing ecosystem, from network to cloud and application to infrastructure end-users and developers while also sharing edge best practices.
"We were thrilled to see an impressive group of nominees from the many women leaders in edge and this distinction is a well-deserved recognition of the impact they continue to make not only in their respective organizations but across the industry," said Candice Digby, Partnerships and Events Manager of Vapor IO. "With this award and we hope to draw attention to the advancements of women in this field and clear the path for more women to enter."
The State of the Edge and Edge Computing World are honored to sponsor the first annual Edge Woman of the Year Award, presented to outstanding female and non-binary professionals in edge computing for outstanding performance in their roles elevating Edge.
The committee would like to recognize the following nominees for their excellent work in the following categories:
- Leadership in Edge Startups
- Farah Papaioannou, Co-Founder and President at Edgeworx, Inc.
- Leadership in Edge Open Source Contributions
- Ildiko Vancsa, Ecosystem Technical Lead at OpenStack Foundation
- Leadership in Edge at a Large Organization
- Renu Navale, General Manager of Edge Computing and Ecosystem Enabling Division at Intel
- Leadership in Edge Security
- Malini Bhandaru, Open Source Lead for IoT & Edge at VMware
- Leadership in Edge Innovation and Research
- Tayebeh Bahreini, Research Assistant/PhD candidate at Wayne State University
- Leadership in Edge Industry and Technology
- Michelle Zatlyn, Co-Founder, COO at Cloudflare
- Leadership in Edge Best Practices
- Dalia Adib, Principal Consultant and Edge Practice Lead at STL Partner
- Leadership in Edge Infrastructure
- Caroline Chan, Vice President, Data Center Group and General Manager, Network Business Incubator Division, Intel
- Overall Edge Industry Leadership
- Yun Freund, VP of Engineering at Equinix
- Leadership in Executing Edge Strategy
- Wendi Runyon, VP, Strategy & Business Development at Schneider Electric
"All the submissions were incredibly impressive and the list of Edge Woman of the Year finalists represents a group of women taking the reins of leadership across the edge computing ecosystem," said Gavin Whitechurch of Topio Networks and Edge Computing World. "As the edge industry continues to grow, we want to highlight the female innovators leading the edge computing revolution, working hard to achieve new ground for the industry as a whole."
About State of the Edge
The State of Edge (http://stateoftheedge.com) is a member-supported research organization that produces free reports on edge computing and was the original creator of the Open Glossary of Edge Computing, which was donated to The Linux Foundation. Version 2.0 of the Open Glossary of Edge Computing is being incorporated into the 2020 report. The State of the Edge welcomes additional participants, contributors and supporters. If you have an interest in participating in upcoming reports or submitting a guest post to the State of the Edge Blog, feel free to reach out by emailing email@example.com.
About Edge Computing World
Edge Computing World is the only industry event that brings together the entire edge ecosystem. The industry event will present a diverse range of high growth application areas – including AI, IoT, NFV, Augmented Reality, video, cloud gaming & self-driving vehicles – are creating new demands that cannot be met by existing infrastructure. The theme will cover edge as a new solution required to deal with low latency, application autonomy, data security and bandwidth thinning, which all require greater capability closer to the point of consumption.
Join us at Edge Computing World December 9-12, 2019 at the Computer History Museum in Silicon Valley to accelerate the edge market and build the next generation of the internet.
For State of the Edge:
SOURCE State of the Edge