SAN BERNARDINO, Calif., Oct. 19 /PRNewswire/ -- As a result of the loyalty of its "valued" customers and the cooperation of the Grand Terrace Community, Stater Bros. is pleased to announce a Groundbreaking Ceremony on Thursday, October 21, 2010 to dedicate the site of its newest and most modern Full Service "Blue Ribbon" Supermarket in Southern California.
The new Grand Terrace Stater Bros. Supermarket will be located on the southeast corner of Barton Road and Michigan Avenue in what will be called Stater Bros. Town Center and will replace a smaller Stater Bros. Supermarket located at 22441 Barton Road.
This new Grand Terrace Stater Bros. Supermarket will further demonstrate Stater Bros.' commitment to the Grand Terrace Community it has served for over 36 years (since 1974).
At 44,000 sq. ft., the new state-of-the-art, energy efficient, environmentally friendly Grand Terrace Stater Bros. Supermarket will be over 72% larger than the existing Grand Terrace Supermarket, with wider customer-friendly aisles and 40% more convenient parking spaces.
A Grand Opening Celebration is scheduled for September 2011 as part of the Company's 75th Anniversary Celebration.
The new, larger Grand Terrace Stater Bros. Supermarket will offer a greater variety of products and enhanced customer services. Key enhancements include:
- Full Service Fresh Meat and Seafood Departments with famous Stater Bros. Butchers to serve you
- Full Service Delicatessen including fried chicken, hot specialty soups and a prepare-your-own salad bar
- Full Service Premium Sandwich Classics with fountain drinks, fresh Hometown Coffee and express checkout
- Full Service Hot Bakery featuring freshly baked La Brea Artisan breads as well as specialty cakes and fine desserts
- Full Service Floral Department with floral experts to help with preparation and selection
- Garden Fresh Produce Department featuring more than 800 items with expanded organic selections
- Full Service Stater Bros. Super Rx Pharmacy
- Full Service Chase Bank Branch
The new Stater Bros. Grand Terrace Supermarket will also include many environmentally friendly practices:
- Energy efficient refrigeration system that reduces carbon dioxide emissions (the equivalent of removing more than 250 automobiles off the road for one year)
- Energy efficient skylights to incorporate the use of natural day lighting and help the environment
- Recycling Center located inside for customers to recycle paper and plastic grocery bags
- Earth-conscious alternatives such as Large Grocery Bags made with 100% recycled paper and Reusable Bags available for purchase
- "Park and Ride" area in the parking lot with 45 parking spaces designated for local commuters
Jack H. Brown, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Stater Bros., stated, "The Stater Bros. Supermarket Family is especially proud to build this new and modern Stater Bros. Supermarket to better serve our long-time and 'valued' Grand Terrace Customers."
Stater Bros. was founded in 1936 in Yucaipa, California, and is the largest privately owned Supermarket Chain in Southern California and the largest private employer in both San Bernardino County and Riverside County. The Company currently operates 167 Supermarkets with over 18,000 members of the Stater Bros. Supermarket Family. Stater Bros. is the proud recipient of the "2010 Community Service Award" from America's Supermarket Industry and will celebrate its 75th Anniversary in 2011.
STATER BROS. SUPERMARKETS...SERVING SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA FAMILIES FOR OVER 74 YEARS
Contact: Susan Atkinson
Vice President Corporate Affairs
P.O. Box 150 - San Bernardino, CA 92402
Phone: (909) 733-5038
SOURCE Stater Bros. Holdings Inc.