SAN BERNARDINO, Calif., March 18, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Stater Bros. has entered into a purchase agreement with Albertsons for the purchase of the land, building and fixtures at their Lake Elsinore Albertsons, located in the Lake Elsinore Town Center at 32281 Mission Trail in Lake Elsinore.
The NEW "Blue Ribbon" Stater Bros. Lake Elsinore Supermarket will be replacing a smaller Stater Bros. Supermarket located at 31952 Mission Trail in Lake Elsinore. At 43,162 sq. ft., the newly acquired Stater Bros. Lake Elsinore Supermarket will be over 76% larger than the existing Stater Bros. Supermarket.
Stater Bros. has been serving the City of Lake Elsinore for over 34 years (since 1977) and currently operates three Stater Bros. Supermarkets in the City of Lake Elsinore. In addition to the Stater Bros. Supermarket at 31952 Mission Trail, Stater Bros. also operates Supermarkets at 16750 Lakeshore Drive and 29995 Canyon Hills Road. Stater Bros. operates 47 Supermarkets in Riverside County and is the #1 Supermarket Chain in Riverside County.
Stater Bros. expects to take possession of the location from Albertsons in mid-May. The Supermarket will subsequently undergo a complete remodel and reopen as a state-of-the-art "Blue Ribbon" Stater Bros. Supermarket. A Grand Opening Celebration for the new Stater Bros. Lake Elsinore Supermarket is scheduled for early Spring 2012.
The NEW "Blue Ribbon" Stater Bros. Lake Elsinore Supermarket will offer a greater variety of products, wider aisles, and enhanced customer services. Key enhancements include:
- EXPANDED Full Service Fresh Meat Department with famous Stater Bros. Butchers to serve you
- EXPANDED Full Service Delicatessen including fried chicken, hot specialty soups and a prepare-your-own salad bar
- EXPANDED Full Service Floral Department with floral experts to help with preparation and selection
- EXPANDED Garden Fresh Produce Department featuring more than 800 items with expanded organic selections
- NEW Full Service Seafood Department
- NEW Full Service Premium Sandwich Classics with fountain drinks, fresh Hometown Coffee and express checkout
- NEW Full Service Hot Bakery featuring freshly baked La Brea Artisan breads as well as specialty cakes and fine desserts
The NEW "Blue Ribbon" Stater Bros. Lake Elsinore Supermarket will also include many environmentally friendly and energy efficient practices:
- Energy efficient refrigeration system that reduces carbon dioxide emissions (the equivalent of removing more than 250 automobiles off the road for one year)
- Energy efficient skylights to incorporate the use of natural day lighting and help the environment
- Recycling Center located inside for customers to recycle paper and plastic grocery bags
- Earth-conscious alternatives such as Large Grocery Bags made with 100% recycled paper and Reusable Bags available for purchase
Jack H. Brown, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Stater Bros., stated, "The Stater Bros. Supermarket Family is very proud to provide this greatly enhanced and larger Stater Bros. Supermarket to better serve our long-time and 'valued' Lake Elsinore Customers."
Stater Bros. was founded in 1936 in Yucaipa, California, and has grown steadily through the years to become the largest privately owned Supermarket Chain in Southern California and the largest private employer in both San Bernardino County and Riverside County, with annual sales in 2010 of $3.6 billion. The Company currently operates 167 Supermarkets, and there are over 18,000 members of the Stater Bros. Supermarket Family. Throughout the year 2011, Stater Bros. will be celebrating 75 years of proudly serving Southern California Families.
STATER BROS ... PROUDLY SERVING SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA FAMILIES FOR 75 YEARS
Contact: Susan Atkinson | Vice President Corporate Affairs | (909) 733-5038
SOURCE Stater Bros.