SAN JOSE, Calif., Jan. 22, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Quantum Corp. today announced that three of its products have been named finalists in the Storage magazine and SearchStorage 2018 Product of the Year Awards. The company was recognized in three categories – StorNext 6.1 file system in the Storage Management Tools category, Xcellis in the Storage Arrays category, and the Quantum Converged Tape Appliance for Veeam Environments in the Backup and Disaster Recovery Hardware category.
"The latest recognition from Storage magazine adds to a substantial body of industry accolades for Quantum products," said Eric Bassier, Senior Director of Product Marketing for Quantum. "The variety of Quantum offerings represented this year reflects both our heritage in data protection, and also points to the strength of the StorNext file system which is uniquely designed for video, delivering the fastest streaming performance available. Our standing as a finalist for this award highlights our expertise in ingesting video and high-res content when efficiency is vital."
Extending a Heritage of Storage Management and Data Protection
As IT organizations of all sizes struggle with the challenge of unstructured data growth outpacing budgets, they require new levels of storage efficiency. The StorNext file system and data management platform, and the Scalar family of tape libraries are part of Quantum's broad portfolio of solutions for managing and protecting data in a wide range of environments:
- StorNext 6.1: StorNext 6.1 scale-out file system delivers a unique combination of new advanced data management features for on-premise, hybrid cloud and public cloud environments and industry-leading streaming performance. The latest StorNext release provides more efficient and cost-effective ways to share and access files across geographically distributed teams. As organizations continue to leverage cloud resources in their workflows, being able to ingest data from a cloud native application is a requirement. Quantum now offers an S3 interface to its StorNext 6.1-based Xcellis appliances, enabling them to serve as targets for applications designed to write to RESTful interfaces. These workflow storage solutions combine performance and advanced data management functionality, so users in highly data-intensive environments can achieve their business and mission objectives more efficiently.
- Xcellis: Xcellis is the industry's first workflow storage appliance to provide the management capabilities and robust features of enterprise scale-out NAS with the cost-effective scaling organizations need to address modern data growth. It delivers greater than 3X the performance of competitive enterprise NAS offerings and, with integrated storage tiering, an end-to-end solution can cost as little as 1/10 that of alternative solutions with the same capacity and performance. The combination of capacity and performance makes Xcellis unique in comprehensively addressing the needs of high-value data environments where the organization's revenue and products are all built around data. Xcellis is designed to empower users to scale performance and capacity independently and cost-effectively to keep storage from becoming an obstacle to progress.
- Quantum Converged Tape Appliance for Veeam Environments: The Converged Tape Appliance for Veeam Environments integrates a blade server directly into Quantum's Scalar i3 tape library platform. The solution makes it fast and easy to procure, install, configure and create tape backups in a Veeam environment for offline protection against ransomware. Integration with Veeam Data Mover enables ultra-fast backups and instant restores. Optional hybrid storage is available for customers demanding super-fast instant recovery and virtual sandbox, or for direct-attached environments. Integrated DXi deduplication provides fast deduplication to maximize data reduction, offering high-performance patented variable-length deduplication without the hassle of a landing zone.
Product of the Year finalists are judged by a panel of users, analysts, consultants and Storage magazine and SearchStorage editors. Ratings are based on innovation, performance, ease of integration, ease of use, functionality and value. Storage magazine will announce the winners in the February issue.
- To learn more about StorNext: https://www.quantum.com/en/products/file-system/
- For more about Xcellis: https://www.quantum.com/en/products/scale-out-storage/
- For more details on Quantum solutions for VM and hyperconverged data protection: https://www.quantum.com/en/solutions/data-protection/vm-and-hyperconverged-data-protection/
Quantum is a leading expert in scale-out tiered storage, archive and data protection, providing solutions for capturing, sharing, managing and preserving digital assets over the entire data lifecycle. From small businesses to major enterprises, more than 100,000 customers have trusted Quantum to address their most demanding data workflow challenges. Quantum's end-to-end, tiered storage foundation enables customers to maximize the value of their data by making it accessible whenever and wherever needed, retaining it indefinitely and reducing total cost and complexity. See how at www.quantum.com/customerstories.
Quantum, the Quantum logo, Scalar, StorNext and Xcellis are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Quantum Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
"Safe Harbor" Statement: This press release contains "forward-looking" statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Quantum advises caution in reliance on forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements include, without limitation the statement that Storage magazine will announce its winners in February. All forward-looking statements are based on information available to Quantum on the date hereof. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause Quantum's actual results to differ materially from those implied by the forward-looking statement, including unexpected changes in the Company's business. More detailed information about these risk factors, and additional risk factors, are set forth in Quantum's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, those risks and uncertainties listed in the section entitled "Risk Factors," in Quantum's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on August 9, 2017. Quantum expressly disclaims any obligation to update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by applicable law.
Public Relations Contact:
SOURCE Quantum Corp.