DUBLIN, Nov. 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Strategic Analysis of Light, Medium & Heavy Truck and Bus Sales in Select ASEAN Markets " report to their offering.
This study presents an analysis of the ASEAN commercial vehicle (CV) market from 2013 to 2020. Using primary and secondary research, the study aims to forecast the trends of three key regional CV markets - Thailand, Indonesia, and Malaysia. The research service includes an assessment of the macro to micro implications of Mega Trends until 2025. It also provides a market share and competitive analysis, dealership analysis, and conclusions and future outlook of the ASEAN commercial vehicle market.
- In 2013, CV sales of Select ASEAN Markets witnessed a year-on-year (y-o-y) decline of XX%, with an overall combined sales volume of units. Both Indonesia and Thailand witnessed sales declines of XX% and XX%, respectively. Malaysia on the other hand, experienced a XX% growth in sales.
- Select ASEAN Markets registered a CV production of units in 2013, led by Indonesia with units, Thailand with units, and Malaysia with units. Indonesia's large production volume is due to a strong domestic demand for small commercial vehicles (SCVs).
- Japanese brands are likely to continue their dominance on the market. The current market share of all Japanese brands in Select ASEAN markets is XX%. European brands have a combined market share of XX%, followed by Chinese brands with % market share. Chinese CV brands, however, are paving their way into Select ASEAN markets with price-competitive product offerings.
- Light commercial vehicles (LCVs) continue to be the key CV segment in Select ASEAN markets.
- Domestic growth in SMEs and wholesale and retail trade sectors are examples of growth catalysts fueling the demand for LCVs within the ASEAN region.
- SCVs (sub-segment of LCVs) are the largest contributors to the CV market in Indonesia and Thailand. However, in Malaysia, SCVs are not as popular because consumers prefer a largersegment CV for practicality.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Scope, Objectives, Background, and Methodology
3. Definitions and Segmentation
4. Market Overview
5. Megatrends in ASEANMacro and Micro Implications till 2025
6. Drivers and RestraintsTotal Commercial Vehicles Market
7. Market AnalysisASEAN Commercial Vehicles Market
8. Forecasts and TrendsTotal Commercial Vehicles Market
9. Market Share and Competitive AnalysisTotal Commercial Vehicles Market
10. Dealership AnalysisSelect ASEAN Markets
11. Conclusions and Future Outlook
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bn8tgt/strategic
Media Contact: Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, [email protected]
SOURCE Research and Markets