DUBLIN, January 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3rqh3b/strategic) has announced the addition of the "Strategic Analysis of US Infusion Pumps Market 2013: Interoperable Smart Pumps to Assure the Growth of Original Equipment Manufacturers" report to their offering.
This research service considers various infusion pump technology and companies in the US infusion pumps market. The market will be impacted by legislation and initiatives that are being implemented by the government to improve overall healthcare. A thorough analysis of revenue forecasts, unit forecasts, technological advances, and pricing are provided for the following segments: volumetric pumps, syringe pumps, ambulatory pumps, enteral pumps, and insulin pumps. Market engineering measurements, drivers, and restraints are covered along with an analysis of the market's competitive landscape. The base year is 2012, and the forecast period is 2013-2019.
- The market is forecasted to grow due to an increase in technology innovations, a high prevalence of chronic diseases, increased focus on patient safety, and favourable reimbursements in the US market.
- In 2012, more than vendors were actively offering infusion pumps in the United States. The US infusion pumps market is mature, and no new products in the pipeline will likely reach the market within the next to years.
- Insulin pumps and disposable ambulatory pumps are the fastest growing segments, and growth in unit shipments in these segments is expected from new pumps.
- Growth from other segments, including volumetric pumps, syringe pumps, and enteral pumps, will be modest because of the replacement of a large, existing installed base of Infusion pumps that is mainly driven by an aging population.
- Competitors that contributed the highest proportions of revenue in the US infusion pumps market were Carefusion Corporation; Hospira, Inc.; B. Braun Medical Inc.; Baxter; and Fresenius Kabi AG. Together, these 5 competitors generated 76% of total market revenue.
- Because of the alarming increase of infusion errors, the US government has imposed reimbursement restrictions on infusion pumps, and this market will be strongly impacted by initiatives executed by the US government to improve the overall healthcare costs.
- Technology innovation and product differentiation will likely play a major role for industry participants when competing for market shares.
- Pain management pumps such as electronic ambulatory pumps and high-end syringe pumps will likely experience high growth during the forecast period because of incentives and penalties imposed by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) on several hospitals across the United States.
- Effective pain management therapies reduce hospital stays and their associated costs as well as improves overall patient outcomes and patient satisfaction scores/ Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) scores.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Product Profiling of Major Vendors
3. End-user Analysis and Strategic Response of Vendors
4. Segment Analysis
5. General Infusion Pumps Segment
6. Specialty Infusion Pumps Segment
7. The Last Word
Decision Support Database
- B. Braun Medical Inc.
- Carefusion Corporation
- Fresenius Kabi AG
- Hospira, Inc.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3rqh3b/strategic
Media Contact: Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Research and Markets