HUNT VALLEY, Md., April 13, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Systems Alliance, a software development firm and systems integrator providing high-value Web, IT and business consulting services, today announced it had hired seven new employees to meet the growing demand for its Web consulting services and SiteExecutive Web content management software (Web CMS). Furthermore, based on its current project backlog and software product roadmap, Systems Alliance anticipates hiring an additional seven to 10 software engineers, Web developers and IT strategy consultants over the next six months.
"Our recent growth has been exciting, but our challenge for continued expansion is to recruit top-notch professionals with the right mix of technical, creative and consulting skills," said Mark Dabrowski, Vice President, Web Effectiveness, Systems Alliance.
Though widely known for IT consulting and staffing services, the Systems Alliance Web Effectiveness practice has grown into the company's largest business unit. Since the start of 2011, the company has expanded its team of Web and digital marketing experts with award-winning Web designers, developers, consultants and project managers, including Jeanne Ivy, who recently joined Systems Alliance as a full-time Web Consultant after working for the company as a contractor for the past four years.
"At Systems Alliance, I have found like-minded individuals who share my passion for information architecture, usability and great design," said Ivy. "We see a great website as the sum of its parts, working together to make a cohesive presence and achieve business goals -- the level of quality and professionalism from the staff is unmatched."
The Systems Alliance Web Effectiveness team is currently developing Web and digital marketing solutions for clients in several industries, including:
- Financial Services – a campaign microsite for one of Delaware's largest retail banks
- Retail – a store operations application for a global retailer
- Higher Education – Web and mobile sites for several colleges and universities
- Software – customer extranet for an enterprise software developer
Many Systems Alliance projects involve building Web properties on the company's SiteExecutive Web content management software, which is developed by a team of engineers based in Hunt Valley. Strong demand for Web content management solutions – according to Gartner, the market was projected to exceed $1 billion dollars in 2010 (i) – has prompted several new hires on the SiteExecutive team.
One recent addition is Senior Software Engineer Tom McConlogue. With over 11 years of experience, McConlogue comes to Systems Alliance from Advertising.com/AOL where he was a Senior Software Developer.
"Joining the SiteExecutive team at Systems Alliance allows me to pursue interesting and innovative approaches to solving problems on the Web in a friendly and collaborative environment," said McConlogue. "For someone who loves to write code, this is a great place to make an impact every single day."
Brief bios for Jeanne Ivy, Tom McConlogue and the other new Systems Alliance personnel follow:
- Sam Durphy, Web Consultant – an award-winning Web consultant who has delivered projects for a range of clients including: 180s Performance Wear, The U.S. Treasury, Hunter Fan, The U.S. Department of State, PGA Tour, and the National Museum of Dentistry. Before joining Systems Alliance, Sam was a Multimedia Art Director with Alexander + Tom. Sam earned a BFA in Graphic Design from the Maryland Institute College of Art.
- Ben Frey, Support Engineer – Ben recently graduated from the University of Maryland, Baltimore County with a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science.
- Jeanne Ivy, Web Consultant – Jeanne has over 15 years of Web and print design experience working for higher-ed and corporate clients, including University of Maryland Baltimore County, Johns Hopkins University, Loyola College and Learning Objects. Prior to Systems Alliance, Jeanne was a User Interface Designer for Connections Academy. She has a Doctorate in Communications Design and Master of Arts in Publication Design from the University of Baltimore and a Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree from Towson University.
- Yaakov Kuperman, Software Test Engineer – Yaakov is currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in Computer & Information Science from University of Maryland University College.
- Tom McConlogue, Senior Software Engineer – with over 11 years of experience, Tom comes to Systems Alliance from Advertising.com/AOL where he was a Senior Software Developer. Earlier in his career Tom was Software Test Engineer with the gaming companies Take 2 Interactive and Absolute Quality.
- Sabrina Mosley, Software Trainer – Sabrina has over 10 years of IT industry experience serving as a software installation and training consultant with both large and small corporations. Prior to Systems Alliance, Sabrina was a product manager at UPS Logistics Technologies. She has a Bachelor of Arts degree from the College of Notre Dame in Maryland in Computer Information Systems.
- Daniel Rossignol, Support Engineer – Dan is a recent graduate of Towson University with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science.
Systems Alliance, Inc., founded in 1993, is a Maryland-based company that provides business and technology consulting services to leading corporate and public sector clients including American Public University, Baltimore County Government, Conde Nast, Johns Hopkins Institutions, Modell's Sporting Goods and Random House. Systems Alliance has local offices in Georgia and Tennessee. To learn more, visit: http://www.systemsalliance.com.
(i) Magic Quadrant for Web Content Management, by Mick MacComascaigh, Toby Bell, Jim Murphy, August 19, 2010, Gartner Inc.
SOURCE Systems Alliance