NEW YORK, July 21, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
ACI Association has initiated research coverage on JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NASDAQ : JPM ). Select highlights from the internally released reports are being made available to the general public (included below), with access to the entirety of the research available to new members.
Today, membership is open to readers on a complementary basis at the following URL: http://www.aciassociation.com/?c=JPM
Highlights from our JPM Report include:
- Earnings Roundup - On July 14, 2015, JPMorgan Chase & Co. released results for the second quarter of 2015. The net income for the period amounted to $6.3 billion, 5% higher than $5.9 billion in the previous year quarter. Earnings per share of the Company increased from $1.46 in Q2 2014 to $1.54 in Q2 2015. The Company generated net revenue of $24.5 billion, reflecting a decline of 3% from $25.3 billion in Q2 2014. The decline in revenue was driven by lower Mortgage Banking revenue and lower Corporate and Investment Bank Markets revenue related business simplification, partially offset by growth in Asset Management.
- Highlights from Consumer and Community Banking (CCB) - CCB segment of the Company generated net revenue of $11.0 billion in Q2 2015, lower than $11.5 billion in prior year quarter. The decline was attributed to spread compression and lower Mortgage Banking revenue. In addition, the net income of the segment was recorded at $2.5 billion, up 1% YoY.
- Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB) delivers Income Growth - The Company's CIB segment's revenue for Q2 2015 stood at $8.7 billion, decreasing by 6% YoY. Meanwhile, non-interest expenses of CIB reduced to $5.1 billion, from $6.1 billion in the prior year quarter. Decline in non-interest expenses were mainly due to business simplification, lower legal expense and lower compensation expense. In addition, net income of the segment for the period amounted to $2.3 billion, rising by 10% from $2.1 billion in Q2 2014.
- Higher Revenue from Commercial Banking (CB) - The CB segment of the Company contributed $1.7 billion to the total revenue of the Group. Non-interest revenue was $0.6 billion, an increase of 6% YoY. Further, net income of CB fell by 22% YoY to $0.5 billion in Q2 2015, due to higher provision for credit losses.
- Asset Management's (AM) Performance - AM segment of the Company recorded net revenue of $3.2 billion, reflecting an increase of 6% from c. $3 billion in Q2 2014. Whereas, net income of the segment reduced by 21% YoY to $0.5 billion, driven by high non-interest expenses due to higher legal expense and the impact of a loss from a held-for-sale asset.
- Results of Corporate Segment - Lastly, the Company's corporate segment recorded a net income of $0.4 billion in Q2 2015, up 311% YoY, reflecting a higher benefit from discrete tax items and lower legal expense. Meanwhile, non-interest expense for the period declined to $0.04 billion from $0.2 billion in previous year quarter driven by lower legal expense.
To find out how this influences our rating on Image JPMorgan Chase & Co read the full report in its entirely here: http://www.aciassociation.com/?c=JPM
About ACI Association:
Active Charter Investors Association ("ACI Association") produces regular sponsored and non-sponsored reports, articles, stock market blogs, and popular investment newsletters covering equities listed on NYSE and NASDAQ and micro-cap stocks. ACI Association has two distinct and independent departments. One department produces non-sponsored analyst certified content generally in the form of press releases, articles and reports covering equities listed on NYSE and NASDAQ and the other produces sponsored content (in most cases not reviewed by a registered analyst), which typically consists of compensated investment newsletters, articles and reports covering listed stocks and micro-caps. Such sponsored content is outside the scope of procedures detailed below.
ACI Association has not been compensated; directly or indirectly; for producing or publishing this document.
PRESS RELEASE PROCEDURES:
The non-sponsored content contained herein has been prepared by a writer (the "Author") and is fact checked and reviewed by a third party research service company (the "Reviewer"). Rohit Tuli, a CFA® charter holder (the "CFA®"), provides necessary guidance in preparing the document templates. The Reviewer has reviewed and revised the content, as necessary, based on sound investment judgment and publicly available information which is believed to be reliable. The Reviewer and the CFA® have not performed any independent investigations or forensic audits to validate the information herein. Unless otherwise noted, any content outside of this document has no association with the Author, the Reviewer, or the CFA® (collectively referred to as the "Production Team") in any way. The Production Team is compensated on a fixed monthly basis and do not hold any positions of interest in any of the securities mentioned herein.
ACI Association, the Author, the Reviewer and the CFA® (collectively referred to as the "Publishers") are not responsible for any error which may be occasioned at the time of printing of this document or any error, mistake or shortcoming. No liability is accepted by the Publishers whatsoever for any direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from the use of this document. The Publishers expressly disclaim any fiduciary responsibility or liability for any consequences, financial or otherwise arising from any reliance placed on the information in this document. Additionally, the Publishers do not (1) guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness or correct sequencing of the information, or (2) warrant any results from use of the information. The included information is subject to change without notice.
NOT AN OFFERING
This document is not intended as an offering, recommendation, or a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell the securities mentioned or discussed, and is to be used for informational purposes only. Please read all associated disclosures and disclaimers in full before investing. Neither ACI Association nor any party affiliated with us is a registered investment adviser or broker-dealer with any agency or in any jurisdiction whatsoever. To download our report(s), read our disclosures, or for more information, visit http://www.aciassociation.com/.
ACI Association is not available to residents of Belarus, Cuba, Canada, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria or Somalia. Do not send email to robottrap (at) aciassociation.com.
CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are registered trademarks owned by CFA Institute.