YORK, England, June 30, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Student accommodation provider UNITE opens its doors for a second year to Edinburgh Festival goers looking for an alternative to pricey hotels.
UNITE (http://www.unite-students.com), the UK's leading student accommodation provider, forecast a sell-out summer as it offers en-suite rooms from just GBP25 per night during the Edinburgh Festival season.
With hotels commanding peak prices over the summer, UNITE is offering a low-cost alternative for Festival goers by making rooms available in all of its Edinburgh student properties over the summer.
From premium studios with Castle views to stylish en-suite rooms in shared flats, UNITE's properties are a far cry from the traditional image of student accommodation. With a range of top City Centre locations to choose from, guests are guaranteed to be at the heart of the Festival action.
Festival fans might also find themselves brushing shoulders with their favourite acts as top performers opt for UNITE's custom designed accommodation. Henry Rollins was just one of last year's celeb residents, and an entourage of performers are expected to sign-up for student rooms this summer.
With lengths of stay from just one night to seven weeks and discounts for monthly stays, it is the ideal option for a quick stopover or a summer-long stay in the city. There are self-catering facilities in every flat so guests aren't tied down by breakfast or evening meal slots.
The properties available for summer lets are:
- McDonald Road ( http://www.unite-students.com/student-accommodation/edinburgh/mcdonald-road), EH7 4GT - this property is perfect for easy access to the centre of town as well as venues along Leith Walk
- Portsburgh Court ( http://www.unite-students.com/student-accommodation/edinburgh/portsburgh-cour t), EH3 9DH - situated in Lady Lawson Street this property is near to Princes Street Gardens, home to the Ross Theatre where the Scottish Chamber Orchestra plays each year. It is also just off The Cowgate which hosts the Underbelly, a hub of top performance venues
- James Craig Court ( http://www.unite-students.com/student-accommodation/edinburgh/james-craig-cou rt), EH1 3BA - just a stone's throw from all of the main festival attractions, this property on the East end of Princes Street, also provides easy access to the Castle
- Lady Nicolson Court ( http://www.unite-students.com/student-accommodation/edinburgh/lady-nicolson), EH8 9BT - located in the Old Town, this property is a short five minute walk from the heart of Princes Street and directly opposite Bristo Square where the main acts perform
- Chalmers Street ( http://www.unite-students.com/student-accommodation/edinburgh/chalmers-street ), EH3 9FE - overlooking The Meadows - the best back garden in Edinburgh and home to top Festival acts - this property offers stunning views and a central location to match
- Panmure Court ( http://www.unite-students.com/student-accommodation/edinburgh/panmure-court), EH8 8DP - This property is close to Holyrood Park which this year will host the Edinburgh Festival Cavalcade. Located just five minutes from the Royal Mile and Princes Street and next to Holyrood Palace and the Scottish Parliament, guests have both the Old and New Town on their doorstep
Alan Russell, Operations Director for Scotland, said: "It can be tough to find quality, great-value accommodation in Edinburgh over the festival season but with students heading home for the summer, UNITE properties have plenty of available spaces and are located at the heart of the action. And because we offer a range of room types, it's a popular option for both performers and festival fans alike; you never know who you might bump into!"
UNITE is the UK's leading developer and manager of student accommodation with some 38,300 customers throughout 24 key university towns and cities across England and Scotland.
UNITE undertakes the planning, development and management of sites, often working closely with the universities and colleges, in order to deliver high quality, well-located student accommodation.
UNITE provides accommodation that is specifically designed for students. Recognising that all customers have different lifestyles and expectations, it offers a wide choice of room types from studios to en-suite rooms in shared flats.
For more information, including virtual tours of each property visit http://www.unite-students.com. Rooms can be booked for summer 2010 by calling +44(0)131-2296-963 / +44(0)7943-858-446 or emailing email@example.com
For more information about this release, please contact Nick Hill by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on +44(0)1430-876876.