AVON, Ohio, June 18 /PRNewswire/ -- For the 10th year, students snipped and stuck their way to one-of-a-kind prom fashions for a chance to win scholarship dollars in the Duck® brand duct tape Stuck at Prom® Scholarship Contest. But, for 10 couples, the competition has only just begun! Now, these students must vie for online votes to determine which of 10 scholarship prizes – including the $3,000 top prize – they will receive.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://multivu.prnewswire.com/mnr/duckbrand/44484/
In honor of the 10th anniversary of the contest, Duck® brand duct tape has kicked off a new voting format, challenging students to earn votes to stick around. During the five-week voting period – June 18-July 26, 2010 – two couples with the lowest number of online votes weekly will be removed from the competition.
This year, more than 240 couples from 43 states and six Canadian provinces entered the contest, which challenges high school students to create and wear duct tape formalwear to prom. Below are the Top 10 Couples of 2010, chosen by a panel of judges based on the originality, workmanship, use of color, accessories and amount of duct tape used in constructing their outfits:
- Faith Mincher, 17, Caddo, Okla., and James Moore, 16, Atoka, Okla., Caney Public High School (Entry 5010)
- Brittany Moran, 17, and Rowan Ketchum, 17, Williamson, N.Y., Williamson High School (Entry 5091)
- Sara Cummings, 17, Poland, Ohio, and James Ludt, 17, Struthers, Ohio, Cardinal Mooney High School (Entry 5156)
- Briana Savage, 18, Columbus, Ohio, and Brian Jones, 18, Westerville, Ohio, Thomas Worthington High School (Entry 5163)
- Sarah Scott, 17, Stafford, N.Y., and James Kutter, 17, Corfu, N.Y., Pavilion Central School (Entry 5217)
- Yancy Esquivel, 17, Gilbert, Ariz., and Ray Banna, 18, Chandler, Ariz., Mesquite High School (Entry 5257)
- Carina Epp, 17, and Susie Redekop, 17, Leamington, Ontario, United Mennonite Educational Institute (Entry 5281)
- Haley Armstrong, 18, and Thomas Smith, 18, Rapid City, S.D., Central High School (Entry 5282)
- Robin Waggoner, 18, and Dustin Thomas, 18, Henderson, Texas, Henderson High School (Entry 5384)
- Lily Zeich, 16, and Grant Francis, 16, Orfordville, Wis., Parkview High School (Entry 5428)
To commemorate the 10th anniversary of the Stuck at Prom Contest, Duck® brand duct tape will reward each of the Top 10 Couples with scholarship dollars. The first place couple (earning the highest number of online votes) will receive $3,000 each and $3,000 for the high school that hosted the prom. The second place winners (earning the second highest number of online votes) will each receive $2,000 and $2,000 for the high school that hosted the prom, and the third place winners (earning the third highest number of online votes) will each receive a $1,000 scholarship and $1,000 for the high school that hosted the prom. The remaining seven couples in the Top 10 will each receive a $500 scholarship and $500 for the school that hosted the prom.
To view all entries in the 2010 Stuck at Prom Contest or to vote for your favorite couple, visit www.stuckatprom.com. Online voting is limited to one vote per valid email address per day. Winners will be announced around July 28, 2010.
Duck® brand duct tape is available nationally at mass merchandise, hardware and craft retailers in more than 20 colors and patterns. For more information, visit www.duckbrand.com.
SOURCE ShurTech Brands, LLC