LOS ANGELES, July 20, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Velocify, the leading sales acceleration platform, today announced the results of a new study, "The Inside Sales Process Report," which examines the practices and processes that separate the most successful inside sales teams from average or underperforming ones.
The results of the study, conducted in collaboration with the American Association of Inside Sales Professionals (AA-ISP), revealed that fastest growing inside sales teams are much more likely to employ sophisticated automated processes, respond to web inquiries extremely quickly and challenge their teams by giving them more leads to work per salesperson.
"The world of sales is evolving rapidly and the growth of inside sales teams is one of the key aspects of that," said Nick Hedges, CEO and president of Velocify. "With new models of selling, I find that sales leaders are looking for new techniques and processes to drive success. With this report we wanted to answer a simple question: 'What do the very best inside sales teams do that others don't?'"
The survey of more than 400 inside sales professionals includes the following key findings:
Automation is Key to Success
- The fastest growing companies were 100 percent less likely than other companies to manually enter leads into their CRM.
- The best companies are three times more likely to automatically pull leads from reps who fail to call them quickly and redistribute them to more attentive team members.
- Fast-growth companies use leads scoring to prioritize leads 38 percent more often.
Faster Sales Processes Tied to Greater Revenues
- Fast-growth companies were twice as likely to call new prospects within five minutes as those with flat or declining revenue.
- The fastest-growing companies have figured out how to prepare for their sales calls efficiently, spending the least amount of time on pre-call research, usually under five minutes per prospect.
Fast-Growing Companies Assigned More Leads Per Rep
- Companies with significant revenue growth provide 78 percent more new leads to each salesperson per day.
- Companies with significant revenue growth also made 50 percent more calls per salesperson.
"As companies shift towards inside sales teams as leading revenue generators, it becomes more important to ensure these teams are performing at the highest level," said Bob Perkins, founder and chairman of the AA-ISP. "By highlighting the best practices used by the highest-performing inside sales teams, we provide new inspiration to encourage inside sales leaders to experiment with their sales processes."
Findings from the "The Inside Sales Process Report" were derived from 400 inside sales professionals (mostly sales leaders) that completed a comprehensive, 30-question survey regarding inside sales practices and perspectives. The respondents came from companies across a wide variety of industries and included those selling to other businesses (B2B) and companies selling directly to consumers (B2C). To find out more, download the full report from Velocify's website by following this link.
About the AA-ISP
The AA-ISP is an international association dedicated exclusively to advancing the profession of Inside Sales. The association engages in research studies, organizational benchmarking and leadership roundtables to better understand and analyze the trends, challenges, and key components of the growth and development of the Inside Sales industry. Our mission is to help inside sales representatives and leaders to leverage our information and resources through published content, local community chapters, national conferences, career development, and an Inside Sales Accreditation program.
Velocify is a market-leading provider of cloud-based intelligent sales software, designed for high-velocity sales environments. Velocify helps sales teams keep pace with the speed of opportunity and increase revenue by driving rapid lead response, increased selling discipline, improved productivity, and actionable selling insights. The company has helped more than 1,500 companies across a variety of industries improve customer acquisition practices and sales performance. Velocify was recently recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in North America by Deloitte and a Best Place to Work by the Los Angeles Business Journal.