NEW YORK, Feb. 6, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- "Factors such as increasing subscriber demand for Long-Term Evolution (LTE) & Voice over LTE (VoLTE), movement of telcos towards Network Function Virtualization (NFV), and need to reduce Operational Expenditure (OpEx) & enable cross-network consolidation are driving the Subscriber Data Management (SDM) market."
The SDM market size is estimated to grow from USD 1.97 billion in 2016 to USD 4.44 billion by 2021, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 17.6%. The market is driven by factors, such as need to reduce OpEx & enable cross-network consolidation, increasing subscriber demand for LTE & VoLTE, and movement of telcos towards NFV. However, complexity in design and lack of trust & privacy issues are the major factors hindering the growth of the SDM market, globally.
"Subscriber data federation solution is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period."
The subscriber data federation segment among the SDM solutions is projected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period as it provides telecom operators with an integrated view of information from diverse data repositories. It also facilitates assimilation between unlike systems or applications by providing access to protocol translation, transactions, data schema manipulation, and data transformation. This data and protocol federation ability permits operators to generate a unified interface for all applications to access data from all repositories.
"Mobile application type in the SDM market is expected to have the largest market share in 2016."
As there is a potential rise in the number of mobile devices and mobile users, there is need for telecom operators to be able to synchronize this subscriber data with ease, thus leading to the creation of the largest market size for the mobile segment. Comprehensive SDM mobile solutions can empower telecom operators to synchronize this subscriber data with abilities of the core network, which include Operational Support System/Business Support System (OSS/BSS) layers, and achieve substantial competences due to the unified data management methodology.
"Asia-Pacific (APAC) is projected to grow at the highest CAGR."
North America is expected to hold the largest market share in 2016, while APAC is the fastest growing region in terms of CAGR. Vast and diverse geographies and large subscriber base are the two main factors leading to intense operational complexities for the telecom operators in the APAC region. These complexities have led Communication Service Providers (CSPs) to invest in standardized SDM solutions. Further, as broadband and mobile infrastructure is improving in this region, the mobile workforce and Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) trends are also gaining momentum. These trends in APAC are expected to enable the growth of SDM solutions, which in turn is expected to help the SDM market in gaining traction.
The break-up profile of the primary participants is given below as:
- By company: Tier 1 – 17%, Tier 2 – 47%, and Tier 3 – 36%
- By designation: C level – 64%, Director level – 30%, Others – 6%
- By region: North America – 72%, Europe – 12%, APAC – 9%, RoW – 7%
The various key SDM providers profiled in the report are as follows:
1. Ericsson (Kista, Stockholm)
2. Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Company (California, U.S.)
3. Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. (Shenzhen, China)
4. Nokia Corporation (Espoo, Finland)
5. Oracle Corporation (California, U.S.)
6. Amdocs Inc. (Missouri, U.S.)
7. Cisco Systems, Inc. (California, U.S.)
8. Computaris International Ltd. (Essex, U.K.)
9. Openwave Mobility, Inc. (California, U.S.)
10. Procera Networks, Inc. (California, U.S.)
11. Redknee Solutions, Inc. (Ontario, Canada)
12. ZTE Corporation (Shenzhen, China)
The SDM market has been segmented based on solutions, network types, application types, organization size, deployment types, and regions. A detailed analysis of the key industry players has been done to provide key insights into their business overview; products & services; key strategies; new product launches; partnerships, agreements, and collaborations; expansions; and competitive landscape associated with the SDM market.
Reasons to Buy the Report
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- This report segments the SDM market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the subsegments across different regions.
- The report helps stakeholders to understand the pulse of the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- This report is expected to help stakeholders to better understand the competitors and gain more insights to better their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product developments, partnerships, and mergers & acquisitions.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04676766-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/subscriber-data-management-market-by-solution-network-type-application-type-organization-size-deployment-type-and-region---global-forecast-to-2021-300402962.html